996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Want to replace OEM Battery. Which one do you guys like?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:39 PM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GreggT
Been running an Odyssey 928 for 2 yrs....works.
Could you please post pics of your 928 mounting hardware so I don't have to re-invent the wheel? I see above there's a kit for the 680, but that's a little too small for my use.

thanks,
John H

Old 05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
ggarza007 is on a distinguished road
PM sent. Thanks

Old 05-19-2008, 07:21 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by John H.
Could you please post pics of your 928 mounting hardware so I don't have to re-invent the wheel? I see above there's a kit for the 680, but that's a little too small for my use.

thanks,
John H
This kit contracts and expands to fit ANY size battery.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:23 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ggarza007
What does the stock oem battery weigh?

What does the Optima Red Top battery weigh?
See picture for stock battery weight.

Attached Images  
Old 05-19-2008, 07:31 PM
ggarza007 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the picture.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:29 AM
calfrank is on a distinguished road
Costco! Warranty is awesome! Great battery too.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:34 AM
AntX GT2 is on a distinguished road
I have an odessy 680 with the rennline mounting bracket in the GT2. Has worked fine, and saves alot of weight.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:23 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Go for Optima....

Old 05-20-2008, 04:56 AM
spoonito is on a distinguished road
This upgrade is on my list... But my car will be sitting all winter... Will a trickle charger be good enough, or will I still have to drive it every once in a while?

Old 05-20-2008, 05:38 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by John H.

thanks,
John H

Old 05-20-2008, 05:57 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robertp
This one, it weights only 16 lbs.

I am going the Rennline Odyssey route with the larger (day to day street use) battery....with the kill switch in case I ever move the car fully to track (say 5-10 years...). NOT cheap...but I love their stuff.....it is car **** if you will.

JB

Old 05-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by spoonito
This upgrade is on my list... But my car will be sitting all winter... Will a trickle charger be good enough, or will I still have to drive it every once in a while?
A battery tender is fine. I have one on mine and it works great. I only drive my car once a week.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I am going the Rennline Odyssey route with the larger (day to day street use) battery....with the kill switch in case I ever move the car fully to track (say 5-10 years...). NOT cheap...but I love their stuff.....it is car **** if you will.

JB
Great choice. Post some pictures when you are done.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:26 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZIP22
I went with Costco! Can't beat Kirkland's 3 year warranty. ;-)
A package of 3 for a huge saving.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Interstate...$68 bucks 4 year warranty

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Want to replace OEM Battery. Which one do you guys like?