996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Radio Wire kit for 03 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Ryboy996GT700 will become famous soon enoughRyboy996GT700 will become famous soon enough
Radio Wire kit for 03 996TT?

Hello All I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a radio wire harness for a 03 996TT or if anyone knows if one is even available. I'm new to the board and tried to search but I haven't found anything other than the 70-1787 harness, will this work for an 03? Anyone know?

Thanks

Ry

Old 05-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Are you looking to replace the OEM radio with an aftermarket radio? If so, you probably won't find a kit because the OEM radio uses a MOST bus. This means that when you replace the headunit, you must also replace the amp.

Do a search for "MOST bus" and you will find lots of info.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Ryboy996GT700 will become famous soon enoughRyboy996GT700 will become famous soon enough
Hmmm, That sucks a little, well I guess I'll have to replace the whole thing, the factory NAV stinks! It doesn't even show my little town on the map! LOL Just one road going through the middle of town. All my other NAVs take me all the way to my garage, have a AVIC-N2 in my F-250CC, factory NAV in the Honda Odyssey (which I think is awesome) and factory in the BMW 530i.

I'm going to put an AVIC-Z3 in this car just was hoping that there was a harness out there for it to make it less work. Not as young as I used to be, I used to do show installs on these Porsches back in the late 90's but got out of car and into home in 99'. Haven't really kept up with car audio since. But I guess I'll have to learn this car inside and out also anyway, just worried that a small NAV swap is going to turn into a full custom install....I know how I am once I get going. I weaned my way out of car audio a long time ago and into home but sitting in this new car makes me nostalgic of the systems we used to build. Thanks for the info, if you have any other tips that you think might be of assistance, your input is greatly appreciated.

Ry

Old 05-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
I have an '03 turbo which came without nav, and I missed having it, so I installed a double DIN nav unit from Kenwood. My car had the MOST fiber-optic system in it also, so when I replaced the headunit, I had to replace the amp and remove the 6 disc CD changer. My car also has the Bose subwolfer box, so I had to get a small amp to power it, which I mounted where the CD changer was. I ran the rest of the speakers off of the headunit. I was able to keep all the OEM speakers and speaker wire. The setup I have isn't a fancy system by any means, but it sounds a lot better than stock (even with the stock speakers) and the nav is awesome. I would recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade to a nav unit.