996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone here own a Prius?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 11:18 PM
laurent965 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
we just hit $5 a gallon in Chicago...
Someone is getting really rich... too bad our legislators do not pay for gas... then maybe they would rethink some priorities...
markski
In France the prize for one liter is 2.4 dollars or 9.12 dollars a gallon , outch
ok our fuel is better but sh.....t it is expensive

Old 05-25-2008, 12:46 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dublinoh
Prius is the high mpg car for the person who wants to be seen in a high mpg car.
not for me - i could care less about being seen in it and wouldn't mind tinting the windows so i can be seen less in it - just a cheap car to have and maintain and drive everywhere to not rack up miles on the better cars

scott, i test drove the civic as well - wasn't able to get anywhere near the mileage on the prius and the car is about 2 seconds slower to 60 (not that it really matters) and has a much less resale value because the prius is, well a prius, it has the hollywood vibe to it for some and it keeps its value

Old 05-25-2008, 01:11 AM
dreamtripper will become famous soon enough
I think hybrids actually get better mileage in the city than in highway driving ...

Originally Posted by Speedshaq
Did you get 42 in city?

Old 05-25-2008, 01:49 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dreamtripper
I think hybrids actually get better mileage in the city than in highway driving ...
This is true for the prius but i believe it works the other way around from the civic hybrid

the prius runs on battery most of the time when driving stop and go, yielding better mpg - when on the highway the gas engine is running most of the time therefore using more gas hence worse mpg - the civic hybrid (i think, but am not positive) works the opposite of this

Old 05-25-2008, 01:50 AM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
hmm.. i gotta go drive a prius and see why the navi doesn't stay on.. I have an oem Toyota Navi on my daily driver and it stays on whenever the key is in.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:42 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
the civic hybrid (i think, but am not positive) works the opposite of this
I don't think so, how it has such a low mpg then?

Old 05-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
Scott,

i have a prius that i use as a daily - put around 11k miles in just a few months

and as for the real life and paper figure... well currently im getting 45mpg - my last fill up achieved over 51mpg, and had a 575 mile tank on a 10.3 gallon tank... so i would say the paper and real world figures are pretty close

it's comfy and has great room for the driver and im 6'2'', as a passenger though, my knees sit against the glove compartment and its not very comfortable

navi i would recommend, its nice, but locks you out as the car is in motion which is the most ridiculous thing in the world, the upgraded sound system (jbl) is okay, i got leather as well, which is nice, although i think fabric is nicer, but didnt seem like it would hold up as well and has less resale value, has blue tooth and xenons as well

its slow of course, but not as slow as you would imagine, it has some passing power, not a lot but most of the time just enough

overall... for the price, and for the mileage its a great value - traded in my previous daily which was an E55 (12mpg) for the prius, the toyota salesmen though i was nuts and all the young service guys were literally just shaking their heads walking by me when i was transferring my things from the e55 to the prius - in the time that i have owned the prius, i have saved over 3k in gas alone - its also very cheap to maintain, the tires will last forever and all you need is an oil change every 5k

i get a lot of bad looks from mostly young kids, and then they talk cell phone picks when i take out the ferrari - yet overall, its a great car and i have no complaints... my first goal was a 500 mile tank, im shooting for a 600 mile tank now lol - it becomes like a game trying to get great mileage - oh in the winter time and colder weather, mileage suffers TERRIBLY, due to keeping the heater running and battery in cold weather doesn't work as well
Outstanding info, Dave. I really appreciate it.

Now I'm leaning towards the Prius again...

Old 05-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by techlogik
Nah...get a euro car..you love Germany..you know you do.

Get a VW TDI...45mpg...sweet Jetta TDI can be had for $20k used...

I drive a 2003 Hyundai Elantra.. daily beater...
The VW would be definitely a great car, but I don't want a diesel.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:13 AM
SEAYL8R is on a distinguished road
Prius

YOU GUYS CRACK ME UP !!!! DRIVE YOUR TT P CARS GET 14.7 MPG AND GET THERE 2X FASTER. EXCEPT WHEN IN TRAFFIC I'VE LOOKED AT TOYOTAS ON FRI. PRIUS ,CAMRY,SCION, FOR MY KID. NO F@#kING WAY I'M DRIVING A RICE BURNER. I WORKED TO HARD IN MY LIFE NOT TO ENJOY MY $$$$$$$. CANT WAIT TILL MY 4 BANGER GETS BACK FROMTHE BODY SHOP. 1990 E30 M3 THAT GOING ECONOMY FOR ME. PAINT WAS TIRED. REMEMBER THIS IS NOT HYBRID MPG ONLINE, PLEASE.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:46 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
I might be wrong... but I thought on these hybrids the batterys need to be replaced every few years? and I thought the batterys were expensive.. no? is there any draw backs to the hybrids? do they not last as long as gas engines etc? besides they just dont look all that great... Im sure as time goes on the body styles will become more sports car looking... anyone know about the TESLA electric car.. sports car.. looks cool

Old 05-25-2008, 09:03 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
A couple points from my research (not to say it is correct). The Honda and Toyota philosophies are different, the Honda strategy is to maximize fuel efficiency when on the highway, the Toyota maximizes fuel efficiency in city driving (hence the difference in mileage between the two brands). The batteries are warrantied for 8 years...I don't keep cars that long. The drawback to hybrids has been the initial sticker price. Some states still give rebates, there once was a federal rebate to counter this. A typical hybrid has gas (1) and electric motors (2)...really quite ingenious....the regenerative braking charges the batteries...which BTW reduces brake wear.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:09 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
so driving around town... the prius is the better of the two? what about those mini coopers... heard they get good milage also.. look sought of cool.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:15 AM
List of the cars with the best mileage:

http://www.autohopper.com/fuel_econo...as_mileage.asp

Old 05-25-2008, 09:40 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I drive a Civic Hybird to work and back daily. The Nav works when you drive it
I get about 40 mpg real world.

I thoroughly recommend this car, Lexus quiet, reliable in the traditional Honda way.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
I get about 40 mpg real world.
This is a combined consumption?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone here own a Prius?