996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone here own a Prius?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:02 AM
jt2
jt2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by heavychevy

I am in full agreement of holding grudges against the oil companies. I think they are getting as much as they can before Bush exits since they are his buds. We'll probably see almost $5 gallon nationwide before Bush is gone.

Despite both being convenient (and popular bogeymen) neither Bush nor the oil companies are to blame for the price of oil.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:17 AM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
Check out the new Jetta TDI. Mileage is insane and the torque is pretty damn fun.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:36 PM
ihatepotholes will become famous soon enoughihatepotholes will become famous soon enough
well good luck getting a prius... if you were from jersey you'd need to wait up to 4 months for one.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:57 PM
jt2
jt2 is on a distinguished road
^^ well, then the price of oil isn't altogether a bad thing; you have a cooling-off period on a Pius, yet you can have your pick of new M3s at most BMW dealers.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:05 PM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
I saw about 300 priuss on my drive down from San Francisco to L.A. today. A lady filling her Prius at the gas station was smiling at me when she saw me use my second credit card to finish filling up my Navigator. The pump stops at $100. I had to put in another $27 to top it off.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:26 PM
soothsayer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ezmoney888
I saw about 300 priuss on my drive down from San Francisco to L.A. today. A lady filling her Prius at the gas station was smiling at me when she saw me use my second credit card to finish filling up my Navigator. The pump stops at $100. I had to put in another $27 to top it off.
Its funny you meantion that, I used to have a boat that used to stop the pump at $100 everytime I took it out....there was this sickening feeling everytime that pump clicked and I had to slide my card again. Lol..I feel your pain man.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:40 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I saw the longest line at Costco yesterday for gas. It wrapped around into the street.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:22 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ezmoney888
wow... that's crazy, my RR had a $75 fill a little over a year ago and i thought that was outrageous, but now with my prius its about $40, but thats 500 miles as well

Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
I saw the longest line at Costco yesterday for gas. It wrapped around into the street.
wow again, sounds like what i've heard of the oil embargo back in the 70's (i wasn't born yet )

Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 AM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
So, has anybody bought/leased a Prius lately? What kind of deals are out there? Are they selling under / over sticker? I found one but they have a 59% residual after 36 months. Trying to figure out if it is better to buy or lease.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Do yourself a favor and go test drive the Civic Hybrid. I was on the fence but the Civic had less 'hard plastics' inside, handled much better (less brake dive and floatiness) which allowed it to be semi enjoyable to drive for what it was. Cabin noise was lower also in the Civic which is what I ended up with a few years back at $500 over invoice!

The Prius is a bit faster and gets 2mpg more than mine though based on comparisons with friends that own them.

I hear both cars are going for sticker or higher in some markets but that hype might have died down these last few weeks as production ramps up on both and gas prices falla bit.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:56 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gmoney
Do yourself a favor and go test drive the Civic Hybrid. I was on the fence but the Civic had less 'hard plastics' inside, handled much better (less brake dive and floatiness) which allowed it to be semi enjoyable to drive for what it was. Cabin noise was lower also in the Civic which is what I ended up with a few years back at $500 over invoice!

The Prius is a bit faster and gets 2mpg more than mine though based on comparisons with friends that own them.

I hear both cars are going for sticker or higher in some markets but that hype might have died down these last few weeks as production ramps up on both and gas prices falla bit.
I test drove the civic before the hybrid and was less then impressed with everything about it - i couldn't get more the 30 MPG either, no matter how i drove, just found the Prius to be a bit better, although the stigma of driving in a prius is much higher then a civic hybrid