996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Does Newport Auto Center Give Loaners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Does Newport Auto Center Give Loaners?

I know BH Porsche does, but they're too far away. McKenna is closer, but they don't give loaners.

What is wrong with these dealers who don't give loaners for a $120K car when my girlfriend gets one with a $30K Saab?

Old 09-02-2004, 08:48 AM
40anny is infamous around these parts
I brought my car in and had a coolant leak. Newport Auto Center gave me a loaner (volvo) for two days.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
They think they are in a location where they are not forced to give a comparable loaner not even a Boxster or Cayenne.

Not the best business practices.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:45 PM
SilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud of
downtown motors gave me a loaner- audi a8

Old 09-02-2004, 01:40 PM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
I got a friggin' Kia last time I had my TT serviced at Newport Beach Porsche. I had to drive it two days. Took 'em that long to fix the rear seatbelt and not fix a rattle.

Old 09-02-2004, 01:54 PM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
I got a major POS loaner (kia-like) at Newport Auto as well. They said they would give the same loaner to the guy who brings in his Bently GT for service, but are fairly sure "that" type of customer would probably not need one, as apposed to the $120k+ TT and GT2 owners...go figure

Old 09-02-2004, 11:31 PM
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
I hate the attitude of these a-hole dealers. I hope some dealer employees are watching! So far Beverly Hills is the only place to get it right!

Old 09-23-2004, 04:59 AM
tmy727 is infamous around these parts
I brought my 02 C2 Cab. in for a *full detail* and some minor checkups... they gave em a MBZ C-Class that was suppose to be on the house.

Evidentally that turned into a nightmare! $300+ was charged to my account... made dozens of calls and messages to the same ***hole that promised to take care of it. The guy doesn't even know how to return a call! Almost 3-months now, hopefully they understand the meaning of *customer service* and *follow-up*. Hell, you can get better service paying for a $5 burger.

Old 09-23-2004, 05:53 AM
Took my FORD pickup in for service - they gave me an F*cking loaner.

Aunt with an Infiniti - she get's a G35 loaner!!

Friend with VW - she gets a loaner!

What the hell is wrong with PORSCHE dealers!!

Old 09-23-2004, 06:41 AM
tsweat is infamous around these parts
Boardwalk in dallas = loaner

Park Place = no loaner

(Lexus service is still king)

Old 09-23-2004, 09:36 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Carlsen in palo alto gave me a boxster loaner for a week for the tranny job. Land Rover gives me a Disco as loaner.

Just boycott the dealer who doesn't loan.
Better yet, call "frequently" to ask for appt then turn them down when they say no loaner. They'll get the hint.

Old 09-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by collin996tt

Better yet, call "frequently" to ask for appt then turn them down when they say no loaner. They'll get the hint.
I tried this w/ McKenna. They got the hint and then explained that they used to have Porsche loaners but their customers kept getting into car wrecks with them, so their insurance company dumped them.

I find this hard to believe since so many other dealers across the country provide loaners without these results.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:59 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
It shows you socal guys just have no respect for loaner cars.
A loaner is not for you to take to the track.

Old 09-23-2004, 01:03 PM
Banned
tuningwerks is infamous around these parts
(Lexus service is still king)
Agreed - one instance where you get what you pay for (my wife's IS300 30K service was $600 bucks!) - but anytime she's at Lexus she gets a loaner, choice of RX300 or ES300 everytime - no worries about filling up the gas tank, the loaners are practically brand new - etc....incredible service.

I've heard a bunch of bad things about Newport Auto Center now which bums me out since it's right next to my work (and I would most likely have my 996 serviced there) - Does Lucent perform routine maintenance? LOL

Old 09-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Curves4S is infamous around these parts
good thing BH is literally 3 minutes from my place...good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does Newport Auto Center Give Loaners?