996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone have information about these seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 08:37 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Question Anyone have information about these seats?

The seats is by Cobra and is called The Misano. It weighs twenty three pounds. The back is carbon fiber or painted silver.
www.cobraseatsusa.com

Comments please.

Old 07-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Jack(LA) is on a distinguished road
Re: Anyone have information about these seats?

Originally posted by cjv
The seats is by Cobra and is called The Misano. It weighs twenty three pounds. The back is carbon fiber or painted silver.
www.cobraseatsusa.com

Comments please.
Hi Chad:

Just saw their ad in the new edition of Excellence and the look, as well as the specs, of these seats appeared to be exceptional. Unfortunately, I have no first hand knowledge/experience with this company.

Old 07-13-2003, 05:52 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Jack,

I saw the same ad. They are about thirty pounds (combined) heavier ( fifteen pounds each) than the GT3 seats, however I like their look better. I believe they would be more comfortable than the GT3 seat and they offer far more support than the stock seats in tracking type circumstances. The weigh approx. forty pounds less (combined) than the stock seats, are adjustable and tilt foward. Best of all, you can have carbon fiber or silver painted backs at no additional charge. Cost is about equal to or less than the GT3 seat.

Last edited by cjv; 07-13-2003 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:32 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
It looks like they don't have a mounting bracket for the 996. Could be they haven't updated the info?

Old 07-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Banned
bobc4s is on a distinguished road
I use to be a Cobra seat dealer until a customer had an accident and the seat did not hold up, come to find out that they were not DOT approved. Also they had very poor customer service for warranty or defects. I no longer sell their products. Now I don't know if since then they have gotten a DOT approval for their seats and other products that require it. They may have! Have you looked at Sparco or Recaro they both make that type of seat and have a great reputation and service for there product should you ever need it.

Old 07-13-2003, 11:52 AM
cjv
Thanks Bob, just the type of information I was looking for.