996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

well guys two years ago - can't beleive it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 08:44 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
well guys two years ago - can't beleive it

I can't beleive it has been 2 years that I was running for my life on 9/11/01 ......

I remeber how perfect that day was as I was driving the brand new TT down the FDR to the office next to the trade center thinking it ws the first perfect day in over a month with zero humidity. Well I am happy to be here to tell my story and wish all out there who lost loved ones all the best and for there spirit to not be broken.

I just wish we had bin-Ladden and Sadam's head on a stick already

Old 09-10-2003, 10:23 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, that's crazy. Glad to see you made it ok. I only wish that the heads of Saddam and Bin Laden would even scratch the surface of their complicated network.

-Lou

Old 09-10-2003, 10:41 PM
racer63 is on a distinguished road
Well said Darren. It was not nearly as close to home out here in Arizona, but nonetheless changed us all forever.

I completely agree with your sentiments on BL and Saddam.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:03 PM
alamein is on a distinguished road
Had an apartment in BPC for years right up until early summer 2001 ... was my favorite area in Manhattan (safe, clean, corporate) ... used to cross over the WTC bridge every day on my way in to work downtown ... hard to believe it was 2 years ago.

I hope we soon see photos of BL & SH like we saw of SH's sons. Dead and bloody!

Old 09-10-2003, 11:27 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
My fiance had arrived in Boston three days prior to 9/11 to start grad school at Harvard. Her mother went with her to help move in, and was supposed to be on one of the hijacked planes. Fortunately for her there were some things that still needed to be done so her flight was changed to one later in the day. Talk about it just not being her time to go yet....

We were lucky, and very grateful. My heart goes out to those that lost loved ones on that day.

Old 09-11-2003, 07:07 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a great place to reflect on the major loss this country suffered.
http://september11victims.com/septem...ctims_list.htm
God Bless the familys and the lives that were lost on this terrible day! Pretty sad right now on CNN listening to children reading off the over 3000 name's of the people we lost.

Old 09-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Parker is on a distinguished road
That site is great. Well said everyone... we're all very fortunate. I work directly with two of four people that survived in our group. There were 200 originally in our equities division. Needless to say today has been a tough day for the whole world.

We're donating 100% of commissions to our relief fund, as we did last year, and will continue to do going forward. the support around wall st has been enormous. I've never been this busy. Just wanted to share it with you.

I can't wait to see Bin Laden rotting on a stick.

Old 09-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Ron @ PESTuning is on a distinguished road
I definately remember 9/11 when first commuting to work and being close to the Queensboro bridge when I hear nothing but fire ambulances and police crossing the bridge. Once over the bridge I saw the WTC up in flames. When I reached work at the GE Building since it was closed we were all on 5th ave watching the WTC come crashing down and the horrible walk home to Queens. A very terrible terrible time watching the two towers come down. I still get depressed thinking about it. This morning I was in tears with remembering.