996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

For those with wheels with Polished lips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 03:07 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Question For those with wheels with Polished lips

What type of polish/cleaner do you use on the lips to keep the shine from getting cloudy?

Old 07-13-2003, 03:15 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Polish

Gary I have always used chrome polish from Mother's and it works great on all wheels. My good buddy Ross turned me onto this product when he detailed his wheels seen here......

Old 07-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
are they HREs? if so, use mother's ALUMINUM polish, not chrome polish...it works better

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-13-2003, 03:25 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Originally posted by lee2375
are they HREs? if so, use mother's ALUMINUM polish, not chrome polish...it works better
Peter,

They are the same as yours. HRE 542R 19" with machined centers and polished lips. I bought them with about 1500 miles on them. So Mother's aluminum polish it will be.

Thanks

By the way your car looks great!!

Old 07-13-2003, 04:33 PM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
and...
to help fine tune the previous Mothers recomendations - get the new Mothers "Incredible Billet Polish". Yes, it costs more, but is well worth it - makes the regular Mothers seem like sand paper.
However, if your wheels need some TLC to get them back to "miror" level - maybe use the regular Mothers first, then to IBP.
Also, I am curious - what did you pay (as I am about to sell a set of 19" HRE 540R's (for C4S/TT) with AVS's. about 2500 miles on the rims, 2000 on the tires).

Old 07-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the Champions' lip has an anodized clearcoat. Not a good idea to polish that!

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-14-2003, 06:21 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Hey Gary,

Those wheels shouldn't need polishing yet!

Eric

Old 07-14-2003, 07:04 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
I was told to use the same water/soap combo that I would use on my paintwork for regular cleaning of my Kinesis wheels. For polishing the rim halves I was told to use Mothers billet aluminum polish. I was told that P21s may cloud the polished aluminum. Anybody know if the polish will remove the clouding on the aluminum?

Old 07-14-2003, 07:34 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Originally posted by ESK
Hey Gary,

Those wheels shouldn't need polishing yet!

Eric
Hee Hee... I'm a little **** when it comes to a clean car....