996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

OEM Front Lip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know where I came up with that $157 figure...which is why I thought I had better correct the error. Insofar as a group buy goes, Sunset usually sells their Porsche products with a built in 15% markdown....just look at the difference in price between what they show and what was posted about Suncoast. I'm not here to tout Sunset over Suncoast, but I am interested in saving money.

Since Sunset has the policy of the built in 15% discount, I don't think that they'd be amenable to another discount that resulted from a group buy....I can't speak for them, but if I was the Parts manager, that would be my thinking. I mean, where else can you find one for that price? The group buys are generally more of a PIA than they're worth, especially for the guy who's trying to coordinate it. I'd say let the guys who want one get it for themselves. The prices and part numbers are posted. I guess you could call the Sunset Parts manager and ask...wouldn't hurt I guess.

Do you have the factory aero kit? I'm wondering what sort of aerodynamics might be involved in the difference between the C4S lip and the aero style. I would think that unless you're doing 150 +, it shouldn't really make a difference. I have never gone 150 myself....so the C4S style sounds good to me next time around.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
I think the stock turbo black front lip looks fine. It does get scratched up quite a bit, but is pretty flexible even pushing into parking space/curb concrete. The C4S lip is much shorter and less agressive looking, and might look a bit small and out of place compared to the tall aerokit rear wing (which I like alot!), and might result in an aerodynamic imbalance at high speed.

At about $250 per new stock turbo lip, many of us might just have to add that to the similar cost of an oil change.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:03 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
If anyone has a beat up TURBO lip let me know, I'll be happy to pay a small price since I'm going to paint it anyhow. Thanks guys.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Sound: I still have my original OEM turbo lip that was cracked...but still in one piece. I was thinking about having it redone by a body shop, but in truth, it's probably going to be one of those projects that sits around the garage for years and never gets done. If you want it, give me a shout via my email address of fishoncj@aol.com and I can take a picture of it and send it to you and we can go from there. According to the dealership, they want almost $800 for a new one....which is rediculous. Shipping it is going to be the big cost because of the irregular shape and size of the box required.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:32 AM
warrenn is on a distinguished road
Ebay Sellers front lip

Does anyone have experience with any of these two lips found on ebay? Looks like the turbo style lip at half the price of suncoast and sunset:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...Q5fAccessories

Old 08-20-2009, 11:53 AM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
I bought the one from Bayson R Motorsports about a month ago, your first link. Very happy with the OE look, fitment and price.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TWINS
I bought the one from Bayson R Motorsports about a month ago, your first link. Very happy with the OE look, fitment and price.
You can get 10% off if you use Bing.com cashback, as well.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by 996TWINS
Thanks for the response. How does it compare with the OEM turbo lip? Is the color ok? In the pic it looks semi faded.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't think Bayson is a Bing Merchant. Unless I am looking in the wrong place. Thanks

Old 08-20-2009, 12:37 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
The photo BRM uses really does not do the part justice, they need to have a better picture to represent their product better. The color, shape, fitment, etc. is very good. The only thing I found different was there was no reinforcement metal bar under the ducts. No big deal IMO. Will buy these again in the future.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:14 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by warrenn
I don't think Bayson is a Bing Merchant. Unless I am looking in the wrong place. Thanks
You have to do a generic search on Bing for 'hard drive', or something like that. Then click on the link at the top for the ebay store, which says "You may get 10% off ..." Once you get to ebay, in the same browser session, just run a search for '996 turbo lip'. The first listing should be for the Bayson lip, and it'll have a gold coin next to the description. Buy it through Buy-it-Now, pay for it with Paypal, and then you'll get the Bing CashBack credit. This works for pretty much any Buy-it-Now auction on Ebay. When they were giving 30% in December, I went crazy.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the tip! Just bought one. Let's see how it turns out.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:54 AM
UNBELIEVABLE, the lip was delivered the next day after ordering it!! Took off the old lip by removing 2 screws in the front wheel wells and by pulling the lip off the bumper -took about 4 minutes. The new one from Bayson went on the same way except it was easier to get into the grooves took about 3 minutes. Looks EXACTLY like the OEM part! Only difference just like 996Twins wrote no metal under the ducts but does not affect visuals at all. Size, shape, color, fit-can't tell from OEM. Definitely recommend. FYI: went on 996 turbo s cab. Total cost of part: $99 + $30 s&h + cali tax - bing discount

Here's the website again: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...Q5fAccessories

I have no affiliation with the above, just a satisfied customer.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:00 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
i took mine off, sanded it and painted it body color, only cost was the paint (also did the rockers and rear grills)

really happy with the look, if the lip gets scratched again i'll just re-paint it

Old 08-23-2009, 05:11 PM
WARRENN, Glad you are happy with the front spoiler. Received mine the next day too. Now when I scrape the spoiler it only sounds like $142.00

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM Front Lip