996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

OEM Front Lip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I traded in my $800 factory aero front lip a long time ago for the cheaper ones. I run through about two of these a year and swap them out when they get noticeably chingered up.....Since these don't have the reinforced metal clip under the air duct holes, you can just cut a piece of aluminum the width of the bottom of the lip and pop rivet it in place to beef up that area a bit.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:24 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
take a look at vivids new carbon lip. i like but am afraid that it has to many air inlets and will produce list at 100 plus speeds

Old 08-23-2009, 05:27 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
sound may have one quick asi'm thinking carbon tell me whats fare?

Old 08-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I always thought that if it works, don't fix it. The regular style works great...cheap, easily installed, matches the design features, provides adequate downforce for use with rear aero kits....but not as much downforce as the factory lips. These are a good 3/4 inch narrower than the factory aero lips....but they last longer due to more ground clearance.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:32 PM
warrenn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 996TWINS
WARRENN, Glad you are happy with the front spoiler. Received mine the next day too. Now when I scrape the spoiler it only sounds like $142.00

Yes MORE than happy. Does the factory lip really cost $800?? I gotta ask the dealership the next time I'm there. Guess that's where porsche makes all their money. Of course an hour into driving it with the new lip, I get a flat tire... and of course it's the rear one.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:02 PM
911mike can only hope to improve
I just replaced my lip with an aftermarket lip for $90 + shipping. Looks just like factory, very durable too as I have a lowered car and scrape occasionally.

Attached Images   

Last edited by 911mike; 08-25-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 08-25-2009, 01:05 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
I believe CJones was talking about the front aero lip style for $800. Sorry to hear about the rear tire.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes...I was talking about the FACTORY AERO lip....and I know there's also a fellow on one of these forums who sells an aftermarket carbon fibre lip that's modeled after the factory aero lip....for also $800.

There's some guys who seem to be able to carefully guide their cars over and around the bumps and obstacles that eat these front lips.....unfortunately, I'm not one of them. When I bought the car, it had the original front factory aero lip on it with 18K miles and not one single ding in the lip....I had it three weeks and tore the lip off coming out of a mini mall. That $90 lip sounds like a deal....has anyone run the car up to 130 or more to see if it keeps its shape and doesn't pop out of the tab holes?

Old 08-25-2009, 03:31 PM
911mike can only hope to improve
Spoiler Lip

let's just say that there is not a problem with mine...

Old 08-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I just orered and got the $99 turbo lip in one day. What a deal!

It looks just fine to me. If you're super **** you may want to take a razor to some minute slag in the air vents (not noticebale at all unless you're a foot away).

I'm still ordering a CF lip from Rottech.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:25 PM
ABCar is on a distinguished road
Just bought...thanks for the advice. I hope it works as well for me.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:28 AM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
ari and ABCar, did you buy from Bayson or ?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...824168002r1497

Bought this. Looks just like stock, but is missing a metal reinforcement bar. It's so inexpensive I can replace it every year.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:40 PM
rjp
rjp is on a distinguished road
Ebay replacement worked great for me, too!

Mine was the JD Motor version.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:06 PM
ABCar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 996TWINS
ari and ABCar, did you buy from Bayson or ?
BestRacingMotors
Hasnt arrived yet...expecting tommorow or next

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM Front Lip