996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Doing 24/18g !! :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:56 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
You have to put 60lb injectors and you can run one fuel pump. MAF needs to be upgraded for levels over 600HP. You will blow MAF's left & right.
Art, 600 WHP? I haven't blow my MAF yet at 580 RWHP.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:00 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Todd do you have a new dyno sheet to post?the last one showed 550rwhp.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ari
I will let everyone know when the project is complete. Gotta keep a little mystery to keep up the fun.

I can tell you what everything costs except the custom tuning.

You are welcome to come and try it out when it's all done.

My before dyno is always below in my sig.

Ari,
How much boost are you planning to run? Right now I have mine setup at 1 bar since we have only 91 fuel in so. cal. I am going to hit the dyno soon and see what kind of power I put down.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:26 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
As much as I pushed my car I don't think they would last that long LOL I blew 7 MAF's in one year I've gone thru 3 set of turbos and 4 different ECU upgrades

Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Art, 600 WHP? I haven't blow my MAF yet at 580 RWHP.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:49 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
whats the reason to blowing the maf? is this something that happens when upgrading turbo's?

Old 04-22-2009, 05:37 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by art4iza
You have to put 60lb injectors and you can run one fuel pump. MAF needs to be upgraded for levels over 600HP. You will blow MAF's left & right.
Not exactly true, EPL 700 level are running stock MAFs with no issues. The key I think is running the OEM airbox/filter.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:42 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boca996tt
whats the reason to blowing the maf? is this something that happens when upgrading turbo's?
Blowing the factory MAF a few times and setting off CEL's left and right is usually followed by the owner selling his EVOMS V-Flow and going back to stock.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:42 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dgreen78
Not exactly true, EPL 700 level are running stock MAFs with no issues. The key I think is running the OEM airbox/filter.

I think he meant 600whp...and I agree the stock airbox and filter is key to MAF life expectancy, although improvements are starting to come around.

I think the stock piping is also a detriment when you get to the 600whp level as well as intercoolers...

Old 04-22-2009, 05:43 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
Blowing the factory MAF a few times and setting off CEL's left and right is usually followed by the owner selling his EVOMS V-Flow and going back to stock.

hey aren't you supposed to be working on your Camaro???

Old 04-22-2009, 05:47 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
hey aren't you supposed to be working on your Camaro???
You bastage! Aren't you subscribed to my build thread in the Muscle section? It looks almost like a drivable car these days! Going up Saturday to make some final decisions on finish, etc. and then possible startup. Exhaust and intercooler hopefully all done next week and ready to test drive. It is close dammit! A lot of my motivation to get it finished is so I can get back to the Porsche and do this 24/18 or similar upgrade like all you guys are enjoying!

Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Injectors + rails +intake=640rwhp,2nd fuel pump + inj+ rails+intake=700rwhp.Thats what I was told by top tuner.
I would add intercoolers to the mods abobe

The same tuner told me...New 70mm intake system, dual pump, injectors/rails and intercoolers will gain 80awhp!!

Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
You bastage! Aren't you subscribed to my build thread in the Muscle section? It looks almost like a drivable car these days! Going up Saturday to make some final decisions on finish, etc. and then possible startup. Exhaust and intercooler hopefully all done next week and ready to test drive. It is close dammit! A lot of my motivation to get it finished is so I can get back to the Porsche and do this 24/18 or similar upgrade like all you guys are enjoying!

Just checking...no muscle subscription...don't want any reminders..I sorta miss my Camaro...but I'm glad I have the turbo with 18G's You will love it...

Old 04-22-2009, 06:17 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I was worried about this since I'm running the V-Flow. Knock on wood (my head will do) I haven't blown any MAFs yet.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
Just checking...no muscle subscription...don't want any reminders..I sorta miss my Camaro...but I'm glad I have the turbo with 18G's You will love it...
You must subscribe. Do it.. do it... do it.

And send me some pics of your old Camaro.

Sorry for the thread detour!

Old 04-22-2009, 06:41 PM
luva966tt will become famous soon enoughluva966tt will become famous soon enough
Ive had'nt any problems with my maf with a evo v flow intake since I switch from a k24 with a giac tune to an k24/18 w/ an proto tune. Prio to that I went thru alot of maf and oxy sensors

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Doing 24/18g !! :)