996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Chrome Lips on HRE's ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 10:22 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Hey Guys,
Was walking in the garage and realize..."Hey I have high polish lips sitting next to chrome, lets take a compairison photo" .
Here ya go guys...the white TTcab has high polish lips that were just polished 2 days ago and have not been driven on, while the yellow TTcoupe has chrome lips which were washed 2 days ago and have been driven on 200 miles since then (I just wiped them with a dry cloth b4 the photo).

Chrome:

High Polish (Just polished):

Evan

Old 10-20-2004, 11:08 AM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Chrome is the way to go!

I have polished lips on my car, they are a PITA.

Old 10-20-2004, 04:26 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Evan - did you not say a while back that the HRE chrom is crap - you had your chrome redone or something?

Old 10-20-2004, 08:30 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by lee2375
PLEASE DONT EVER CLEARCOAT THE LIPS!!!! it sucks!!!

Gary, did Mike ever get a hold of you?
He did in reference to the damaged lip. I have yet to fix it. With all the storms and other things going on right now I have not had the time to get the wheel somewhere to remove the rubber, find a box and pack and ship. I will be looking to do this soon... I may need your help..

Sure would be nice if they would replace the other rear also that has had small scratches in it from day one. I think they did admit that the old chromer they used sucked...

Old 10-20-2004, 11:52 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by msindi
Evan - did you not say a while back that the HRE chrom is crap - you had your chrome redone or something?
Gary had problems with the chrome, my problem with them was that it took them over 3 months to get me these lips.....
Evan

Old 10-21-2004, 12:02 AM
Don Relentless will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Gary had problems with the chrome, my problem with them was that it took them over 3 months to get me these lips.....
Evan

that's hre for you....there chrome and paint quality is not good imho.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:31 AM
EM 996 GTS is on a distinguished road
correct me if I am wrong.

somebody told me this before, if you had a chrome lips, when you made a damage from parking on the sidewalk, it is expensive/(or hard to fix) the chrome lips.
on the other hand if its polished lips, it is easier to fix the scratches.

Old 10-21-2004, 02:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
He did in reference to the damaged lip. I have yet to fix it. With all the storms and other things going on right now I have not had the time to get the wheel somewhere to remove the rubber, find a box and pack and ship. I will be looking to do this soon... I may need your help..

Sure would be nice if they would replace the other rear also that has had small scratches in it from day one. I think they did admit that the old chromer they used sucked...
i know you have other things going on, but if you need help, you know i'm here for ya.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 10-21-2004, 03:26 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by EM 996 GTS

somebody told me this before, if you had a chrome lips, when you made a damage from parking on the sidewalk, it is expensive/(or hard to fix) the chrome lips.
If you scratch a chromed lip you will be scratching off the plating. The lip will most likely have to be replaced. I know...

A polished lip can be fixed if it is not really bad...

Old 10-21-2004, 06:34 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by EM 996 GTS

thats corect if u chip the chrome plating u have to replate the whole lip, but with the polish, u jsut have them fix it and they'll jsut repolish them.. same thing with clear coat they have to put another layer of clear coat to fix the wheel properly after curb damage