996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should i turbocharge the Elise?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 05:20 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
in a hart beat, but I'd swap in a k20 and turbocharge that

Old 10-21-2004, 05:21 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Old 10-21-2004, 05:26 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
as of right now i'm on the fence, leaning against it.

My stepdad is 100% for it and says i'm a *****

i guess if it ends up being a total piece of **** all i'm really out is a couple months and a couple grand to buy a new motor that i could have built from the ground up to my own specs.

It would definitely be an interesting project

Last edited by SteveH; 10-21-2004 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:36 AM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
yum,

http://www.prototyperacing.com/k20kit.htm
The Toyota engine is apparently not very mod-friendly. These guys at prototype seem to know what they're doing, and they're working on this for the Fed Elise now.

Old 10-21-2004, 05:44 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
being the first one u sure got ballz! welcome to the baller's club... sharky is da man to talk to.

however, it sounds like a fun project but i wouldn't do it. how about converting a TRD SC kit since the engine is the same.

btw, HP is not the key to that car!

Old 10-21-2004, 05:47 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I agree with Arbling on this.. TRD (who are AWESOME) already has the blower kit for that engine. It's tried and tested and just works....

Old 10-21-2004, 05:48 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Sharky, mind if i give you a call?

Old 10-21-2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by sharkster
I agree with Arbling on this.. TRD (who are AWESOME) already has the blower kit for that engine. It's tried and tested and just works....

yea, but it's very boost limited, it's like their v6 blower. It's cool if you aren't a gear head

Old 10-21-2004, 05:57 AM
I wasn't going to touch this car's engine but it's hard to turn down free

Old 10-21-2004, 06:01 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by SteveH
I wasn't going to touch this car's engine but it's hard to turn down free
free is good but who's going to warranty it if something goes wrong?

Old 10-21-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by 20C4S
well this will be the shop's flagship car and basically make or break their reputation. I figure they will want to make the best impression on me and therefore the public as possible.

The warranty is not THAT big a deal because I basically have no warranty on the stock motor either. I mean i will be using the car on the track hopefully 2-3x/month so Lotus could void it anytime they see fit. None of it is THAT big a deal because a brand new engine shouldn't cost more than a couple grand.

That being said, obviously i'm concerned about it otherwise it would already be a done deal.

Old 10-21-2004, 06:22 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
ID DO IT FOR THE originality, s/c has been done, turboing it would be cool stepping into a new frontier, a new motor is a couple of grand... not that bad on a pocket book, just make sure that they tune the car to your liking, mask them to use a ball bearingturbo from garret a t28 should be okay it' ll make the thing spool up quicker., for that light a car.. make sure they tune it good. are they building it for tope end or low end?

turbo...s make me drool... hmm maybe i should start anoter rice rocket project lol...

Old 10-21-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by 02barebones996
ID DO IT FOR THE originality, s/c has been done, turboing it would be cool stepping into a new frontier, a new motor is a couple of grand... not that bad on a pocket book, just make sure that they tune the car to your liking, mask them to use a ball bearingturbo from garret a t28 should be okay it' ll make the thing spool up quicker., for that light a car.. make sure they tune it good. are they building it for tope end or low end?

turbo...s make me drool... hmm maybe i should start anoter rice rocket project lol...
tuned for low end. full boost should come on by 2800rpm. I also like the originality of it.

Part of me is saying it's a bad idea to mess with it, part is saying that it will be a fun and interesting opportunity.

Old 10-21-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by 20C4S

it's a 4 banger motor, not like they are expensive

Old 10-21-2004, 06:41 AM
luting_chen is on a distinguished road
just make sure that the hp can be put to use ^___^
the car is extreme light... tires aren't that wide as well...
u don't wanna build a car that might be slower than stock on track... or harder to handle...hehe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should i turbocharge the Elise?