996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should i turbocharge the Elise?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 06:42 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by SteveH
Sharky, mind if i give you a call?
Sure thing go ahead I'm on 65-351-0000

Old 10-21-2004, 06:57 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
yea, but it's very boost limited, it's like their v6 blower. It's cool if you aren't a gear head
didn't he say the turbo would only be pushing 4 or 5 lbs anyway?

Old 10-21-2004, 07:05 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
I wouldn't do it to an elise. Googobs of power is not what the car's about. You'll just turn it into a ricer. Next thing you know the shop will want to add a jar of NOS in there and top it with a huge wing.

Old 10-21-2004, 07:07 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by collin996tt
I wouldn't do it to an elise. Googobs of power is not what the car's about. You'll just turn it into a ricer. Next thing you know the shop will want to add a jar of NOS in there and top it with a huge wing.
I would agree with you if we were going for gobs of power but we're not. It will mostly be tuned for torque down low. The goal is about 240-250hp on pump gas and 280-300 on race gas. The objective is to make it perfect for a road course, not to create a crappy drag racer.

Old 10-21-2004, 07:10 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
it will be a killer.... damn!

Old 10-21-2004, 07:12 AM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
I'd do it, and to hell with 'ricer'. I'd want reliabale power,
period.

Old 10-21-2004, 07:35 AM
srika is infamous around these partssrika is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Jack(LA)
Absolutely NOT.
I think someone is scared..

do it man, you will be smokin' GT3's at the track.

Old 10-21-2004, 07:57 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
FINAL DECISION:

I have decided not to do it. This does not mean i will not do engine mods at some point, but not right now. When it comes down to it, it's not worth $7,000 for me to be without my car for 3 months, especially without gaurenteed results. I'm going to drive the thing and have fun with it. Then in 5-6 months when there are some proven products out I will make an informed decision and buy something if it looks good.

-Steve

Old 10-21-2004, 08:04 AM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Jack(LA)
Absolutely NOT.
Like Jack said... Good choice. I'm sure there's already alot of proven bolt-on parts from TRD that won't kill driveability...

Old 10-21-2004, 08:14 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
FINAL DECISION:

I have decided not to do it. This does not mean i will not do engine mods at some point, but not right now. When it comes down to it, it's not worth $7,000 for me to be without my car for 3 months, especially without gaurenteed results. I'm going to drive the thing and have fun with it. Then in 5-6 months when there are some proven products out I will make an informed decision and buy something if it looks good.

-Steve
Thank goodness. Let others be the CJV's first

Get to know the car as it was designed and developed really well first.

Old 10-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
FINAL DECISION:

-Steve
I think that's a good call. I can tell you from experiance that if you spend a few bucks on suspension, setup, and brakes, you'll be beating GT3s on most tracks with the stock motor.

Roy

Old 10-21-2004, 08:44 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
good call on not doing it Steve.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:04 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
steve,
i miss it already. show us some pix with the evil black wheel

Old 10-21-2004, 09:20 AM
these are all i have with the wheels. The color is messed up...

Old 10-21-2004, 09:32 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Honestly, great decision. Have fun w/ the car, then maybe do some head and cam work, then think about some boost

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should i turbocharge the Elise?