996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Coil pack wire SOS !!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:47 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
Heat shrink tubing over the connector works very well.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Subscribed, as this is great info.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Brad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to behold
It's not worth rigging in any form unless you're at the track or the side of the road.

The new connector pack of 3 was retail of $18.27 and cost of $13.65 at Sunset Imports. At that price, they are almost worth replacing every time the spark plugs are changed. I'll post a couple of photos tomorrow on how to remove the wire from the connector and the correct tool to do so.

Part number is: PNA-721-043-00-136 per the invoice.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 AM
andymac will become famous soon enough
Cheers for the info Brad

Looking forward to the pics

Old 07-28-2010, 02:42 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, 7-months later and the connectors arrived!!! Yah! LOL....

Glad everything worked out for you,

-Eli

Old 07-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Brad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to beholdBrad Bedell is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Wow, 7-months later and the connectors arrived!!! Yah! LOL....

Glad everything worked out for you,

-Eli
Indeed! More like 7 months later and I finally made time to fix it; I don't like taking things apart without multiple reasons. So I got to hang turbos, injectors and intercoolers on it.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:19 AM
I picked this too up 20ish years ago and finally used it for its intended design.

Once to the connector this is a 60 second job.
Simply pull one wire at a time and transfer them to the new connector. When the tool slides in, it will 'click' and you can then pull the wire out the back side. To install, no tool needed, simply push the wire back into the correct hole with the correct orientation. (as it came out)

Photo update:

Old 07-30-2010, 08:41 AM
What's this tool called and where could I buy one or the equivalent ?

Ta

Andy

Old 07-30-2010, 03:12 PM
I found mine at a Auto-zone, Pep-boys or likely a Chief auto parts back in the day. It's a terminal tool or a wire terminal tool. PB or AZ stores, they have become so 'consumer' friendly and not mechanic friendly, you might be better off with an independent car parts store or Napa depending on your area. When I am stumped wit a tool or question, I usually print the photo and find someone with gray hair at the parts dept.

For a 'one' time use, you could likely find two thin strips and just slip them in the connector. Or potentially cut up something like a credit card to slip in.

The blades are 2mm wide and roughly .75mm thick. 5mm apart spacing.

-Brad

Old 07-31-2010, 07:16 AM
Smile

Cheers mate. Found them on eBay.
Have to say. Big thankyou for all the help and pictures. I thought I was on a lost cause with this post

Old 03-30-2019, 06:09 PM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Brad Bedell
Part number: PNA72104300136

Electrical housing#960136

This is part of a 'set' there are 6 connectors; but looking at this package, it appears I got 2 of them, so 3 connectors each.

For a 8 month fix, I had simply pulled the rubber boot down tight and wrapped a zip tie around it. It was still tight when I found it, even after swapping my injectors. Anyhow, connector is now changed and I have 5 spares for when the next one breaks.
Old Post but thanks Brad, I have misfire on cylinder 3 found the retainer clip broken. A complete PITA on a 997.1 TT no access.going to order a couple of them all others were fine.
Jay

Old 04-04-2019, 08:32 PM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jayi836
Old Post but thanks Brad, I have misfire on cylinder 3 found the retainer clip broken. A complete PITA on a 997.1 TT no access.going to order a couple of them all others were fine.
Jay
I have a broken one too. It's currently secured by a couple zip ties. The part has almost tripled in price in a decade!

Old 04-05-2019, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by vogz
I have a broken one too. It's currently secured by a couple zip ties. The part has almost tripled in price in a decade!
Ordered a couple of these hopefully the zip ties last a while. No heat shield at cylinder 3 so completely exposed to weather and splashing because the rubber boot is not on.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M9QN1A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M9QN1A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by jayi836; 04-05-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:29 AM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jayi836
Ordered a couple of these hopefully the zip ties last a while. No heat heat at cylinder 3 but exposed to because the rubber boot is no on.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cool, thanks for the link. Did you also grab a terminal removal tool?

Old 04-05-2019, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by vogz
Cool, thanks for the link. Did you also grab a terminal removal tool?
I have a set purchased last year for another project they should work. I just inspected the old coil packs from the 08 turbo all of them are cracked.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Coil pack wire SOS !!!!!!!!