996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FVD Aluminum Intake Plenum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 11:02 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by StephenTi
I was just researching such a setup for my car... tell me about the install, guys... how involving is it? Engine needs to be partially lowered? How's the tubing kept in place? Is the black tubing CAT tubing?

Judging from the "de-install" pix of the stocker, it looks like you guys hacked the **** out of the oem junk piece to get it out... good work!

Damn, I think you guys may have me wrenching this winter afterall!

Thanks,
Stephen
LOL well be aware that this was only necessary on my own Tiptronic On a 6 speed you don't need to do that at all... I'm just glad us Tiptronic boys have an option!

Old 10-27-2004, 11:04 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by dish it out
Yes Stephen, It does look like someone hacked the **** out of the oem stuff, But if the job is done corectly this does not have to be done. We just did out 3rd one and never cut anything, A good tech will get this job done corectly. We recomend replacing clutch, and flywheel (light weight) at same time, for the motor will come completly down not partially.
Agreed but NOT on the tipronic... Ever installed on of these on a tip before? Nobody touches those...

On the 6speed it's a whole different ball game and a much easier one at that.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Stephen,
That actually was the Inner, the outter is not much more, maybe 2.625. The way the pipe is designed, it is thin but strong and durable.
Evan
I can vouch for that... I yanked on that stuff pretty good to squeeze it through some of the tiptronic-specific areas. And yeps the ID is 2.5 inches

Old 10-27-2004, 11:27 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Stephen you are using the Scargo CF one right? How's it holding up after a good few miles?

Old 10-27-2004, 11:53 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I am. It has been fine. You just need to make sure that the suspension points are tight and out of the way. I have a heck of a lot miles on it plus it has been out of the car three times with the motor and various upgrades I have done. No complaints. Also keep in mind that I epoxy the halves together.

Old 10-28-2004, 04:43 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
HOW MUCH??? (the mother of all question - all about cost-benefit)

Old 10-28-2004, 04:52 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Re: FVD Aluminum Intake Plenum

Retail is $1995

Old 10-28-2004, 05:49 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Does fuel need to be cranked up a bit to match the increased air flow? For example can it be strapped into a Stage 4 GT/R setup without running lean, or is an ECU adjustment required?

Mike

Old 10-28-2004, 05:51 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Zippy
Does fuel need to be cranked up a bit to match the increased air flow? For example can it be strapped into a Stage 4 GT/R setup without running lean, or is an ECU adjustment required?

Mike
I can't answer for your GIAC kit, but works fine with ours...
Alex can probably help as he is running GIAC software...
Evan

Old 10-28-2004, 05:55 AM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is on a distinguished road
Re: FVD Aluminum Intake Plenum

Hello Everyone,
I am announcing the official release of the FVD 996 Turbo Intake Plenum. We were waiting to release this product untill it had been installed on a few 6speed and tiptronic cars to be sure everything worked as designed. Now that this has done we are ready to release it publically.

Features:
-Reduced head due to the aluminum compared to the stock casting
-Reduced weight due to light weight aluminum and reenforced hose
-Increased airflow due to larger equal diameter hose
-Works with tiptronic transmissions
-Made in Germany (Durable)
-Lowest price on the market

Gains:
-Improved throttle response
-Quicker turbo spooling
-Boost sustained longer due to decreased heatsoak
-Increased horsepower

Photos:
Stock (Thanks Alex ):

FVD:

This kit is available for purchase and install from FVD USA on the east coast and Akkurat on the west coast. Feel free to contact either company for more details.
Retail is $1995
I saw this earlier on Akkuratpgi (very interested) i was wondering whats the HP gain???

Old 10-28-2004, 06:00 AM
Re: Re: FVD Aluminum Intake Plenum

Originally posted by KSA Turbo
I saw this earlier on Akkuratpgi (very interested) i was wondering whats the HP gain???
20BHP (Crank HP) is what FVD Germany got in a b4 and after.
Evan

Old 10-28-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Zippy

Mike
Hi Mike,

I was running pretty rich to begin with. The GIAC software on my car was that set up conservatively (as it usually is) because they never run to the limits of being lean to avoid detonating So yes there's headroom....

Old 10-28-2004, 06:30 AM
Garey Cooper is on a distinguished road
Is there anyone in SoCal who can do this install?

Also, I guess I'm dense but just to make sure...this replaces the stock black casting "Y" and the current rubber connections?

Old 10-28-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Garey Cooper
Is there anyone in SoCal who can do this install?

Also, I guess I'm dense but just to make sure...this replaces the stock black casting "Y" and the current rubber connections?
Of course!!! Arling at Lucent

Let me know...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD Aluminum Intake Plenum