996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FVD Aluminum Intake Plenum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 11:52 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
Evan,

Twenty hp is more than I would have guessed. That is actually close to the cf intake which makes twenty-six. It is definitely more durable than the cf intake.

What does it weigh?
Hey Chad,
Yea I was pretty impressed with the number. Remember this is engine HP not wheel...
I did weigh the unit at one point and I am looking for the email that I sent it in. If I cannot find it I will weigh one when I get the next batch in (Nov. 9th expected). I will also grab the shipping weight of one of them to at least get an idea (even though with packing and the box it will be more).
Evan
PS-Alex, you didn't happen to weigh one of the ones I sent ya did ya??

Old 10-29-2004, 12:55 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Hey Chad,
Yea I was pretty impressed with the number. Remember this is engine HP not wheel...
I did weigh the unit at one point and I am looking for the email that I sent it in. If I cannot find it I will weigh one when I get the next batch in (Nov. 9th expected). I will also grab the shipping weight of one of them to at least get an idea (even though with packing and the box it will be more).
Evan
Evan,

The 26 hp is rwhp. Depending on the usage, both products have their advantages.

Old 10-29-2004, 02:01 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Hey Chad,
Evan
Of course I did I'll weigh one when I get in again but if I remember right it was about 6 pounds total if that...

Old 10-29-2004, 02:05 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
Of course I did I'll weigh one when I get in again but if I remember right it was about 6 pounds total if that...
You da man 6 sounds about right... I had 8 in my head for some reason, so right around there...either way its a hell of a lot lighter than the clunky stock unit
Evan

Old 10-29-2004, 02:08 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Yeps.. it weighs almost nothing.. It's very light Oh and VERY blue:P

Old 10-29-2004, 05:54 PM
andreas will become famous soon enough
Hey Sharkey (KIT / NIGHTIDER)

I thought RED was your color?? LIPSTICK RED to be exact????

Old 10-29-2004, 10:52 PM
heheh sshhhh.. that's top secret

Old 11-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by sharkster
Hi Mike,

I was running pretty rich to begin with. The GIAC software on my car was that set up conservatively (as it usually is) because they never run to the limits of being lean to avoid detonating So yes there's headroom....
Thanks for the reply SharkMan..

The inner diameter on the FVD is 2.5". What's the measurement on the ScarGO CF unit?

Because this thing is flexable, does it shake around and bang off stuff?

Thanks, Mike

Old 11-08-2004, 10:36 AM
luting_chen is on a distinguished road
just a question...
since the unit is bend-able, will the wrinkles it created within the tube somehow distracts the airflow???

Old 11-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by luting_chen
just a question...
since the unit is bend-able, will the wrinkles it created within the tube somehow distracts the airflow???
The inside is very smooth. There are slight ridges needed to be flexable, but not rough enough to disrup airflow by any strech.
Evan

Old 11-08-2004, 01:13 PM
luting_chen is on a distinguished road
thanx Evan ^_^