996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Love my Mode Camber Plates. Thanks Dan / Vivid !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 10:28 AM
LO_996tt will become famous soon enough
I have the same set up as JJbravo from Vivid --thanks guys-- next day air on the MODES and they are on the car.

I had not planned on doing this, but when I removed the first side the OEM camber plate bushings were cracked and the mounting was loose inside the rubber housing--hoping this was why I got vibration at 60mph+. So I went with the MODE setup.

I think the engineering of the MODES are amazing when compared to the oem set up. I do feel more of the road with the MODES--slight transmission of road noise in steering wheel--I think this is because the factory has rubber mounts that take out some of the road vibration, where as the MODES are fixed. --fair compromise for the trade off in perf.

Here is my issue:

My fronts are all the way to the bottom and of the adjustment threads and I only got .5'' lower than before the install. I was hoping for 1"-1.25". Am I missing something? Can I go lower-- it was a lot of effort for a .5" drop. Does adding the Mode plates limit the drop somehow?

I figure I am missing something on the install.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:39 AM
earlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud of
How much neg camber is available after lowering? thank you.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:18 AM
Not sure --maybe the guys from VIVID can respond.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Can you post pic of the shock assembly. The lowering height should not be affected.

Will see if my man JJBravo can comment.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:32 AM
caly is on a distinguished road
very nice thx for the pics.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:03 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Great Post and once again Dan has made another P Man very happy! Congrats to the both of you guys.
Robert

Old 05-31-2010, 11:25 AM
19" NITTO invo's
1' spacers all the way around
26" at front (hoping to go to 25.5")
25.5" at rear (need to roll fenders)
springs are unloaded (on a jack to take pics)

Attached Images      
Old 05-31-2010, 11:26 AM
PICS: Wheels are arches

BTW--saved myself $900 doing this myself thanks to the DIY's here. Still need alignment once I get ride height settled. I know I have too much camber in rear and not enough in front. Toe is also out in front from removing and spinning tie rod ends during install.

Struggled compressing springs (weird angles and clearance issues), but rest was straight forward--A lift would have saved me hours. Also found that removing wheel carrier and front cv like JJBravo saved time and energy on the second front side replacement. Extra couple of bolts was all it took and saved my sanity.

Attached Images     

Last edited by LO_996tt; 05-31-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Good deal and there is satisfaction in doing it yourself too.
As far as additional neg camber- not sure. I recall Mode claiming 3 deg. I don't really recall. I do remember having it set to Gt2 specs as the ride height was comperable.
I just searched my shop, and can't find my settings...but I know I went Gt2, on 18" without spacers.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Mode camber plates have a built in -1 degree. You then use the factory top sliding adjustments for more or less camber.

From the pics, it looks like you can take the bottom spring color and adjust more from there?

Old 05-31-2010, 02:15 PM
spring color?

You mean take the bottom spring collar out? What about a shorter tender spring?

Does adding a spacer doing anything to camber? My sense is no, but not sure?

Old 09-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor
Reviving this thread...

For those running the Bilstein and the Mode plates, did you remove the helper spring or did you keep the shock completely the same. The car being "higher" with the Mode camber plates is what I am trying to figure out. How low are your cars?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:24 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
I kept the shock completely the same and set them up per the Bilstein manual for preload in mm. Totally to spec.
The resultant ride height was almost exactly GT2 OEM ride height. I think it dropped the car about 1-1 1/4" all the way around.
This setup is FANTASTIC and I'm very glad I bought it. One of the best mods ever for me.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks man... I dont understand why they have ride height issues with parts raising it up. These are the same parts you have

Old 09-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Weird. I think they were Right and Left too.... that's the only mistake I think they could make...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Love my Mode Camber Plates. Thanks Dan / Vivid !