996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dr_jitsu vs liter bike

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Help me see where I wrote I was stock and please help me understand where my mods were ever a part of the deal... I must be missing it. I am giving up 600 lbs. and 200-250 rwhp (or more as I have no clue how much power my car makes). Remember, Sean has a 650-700 rwhp car, mine on a good day is 400-420 rwhp stock. With a y-pipe I'm still WORSE off than 200 rwhp. Nice try though...I applaud your effort!
Peter

third quote down you claimed his car had 650 rwhp and you have 200 less. Stick to that. Seems to me like you know he will kick your *** if you are stock so you are upping the power. You just indicated you had more mods coming. nice try yourself.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:40 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
1. You have too much time on your hands, why don't you come join in on the fun. Come in Sept. for the 60-130 or the TX Mile in October.

2. I witnessed Sean's car make around 650 rwhp on his OLD set-up...on which he ran a mid-high 6 60-130. I quoted that number b/c that is what I recalled. Come to think of it, he now has MORE power and has since run a high 5 60-130 time. In actuality, I have NO clue how much power he is making. Heck, could be 750 rwhp for all I know!!!

3. I never indicated I had more mods coming, I simply said that the car has a y-pipe right now (which based on other's dyno numbers adds about 5-8 rwhp). That is HARDLY modded. I simply said that you never know what I'll have as I may put the car back to stock or may put an aftermarket intake on the car. Time will tell.

Now you tell me. Does it bother you that Sean accepted the race from a dead dig knowing that the GT2 in his form is tough to launch? Or does it bug you more that a car with much less power that weighs much more is going to win? Orrrrrrrrrr, does it bother you that he posted a video of a bike cruising next to him and claim that he beat a Hayabusa when we all clearly saw him floor it while the bike sat there? Be honest!

Peter
p.s. Sean, pay attention, this is what it's like when you're having fun and ribbing someone without personally insulting them or calling them a "bully", "wigger" or "cheater"

Originally Posted by Prche951
third quote down you claimed his car had 650 rwhp and you have 200 less. Stick to that. Seems to me like you know he will kick your *** if you are stock so you are upping the power. You just indicated you had more mods coming. nice try yourself.

Last edited by houstonT; 08-17-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
My money is on Peter!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
peter will they void your warranty when you launch your car ? and will it be able to handle 3 launches ?

you know he can put some realy sticky drag radials on his car right ? is that part of the deal ? is he allowed to do that or no ?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Pietro,

The real issue here is not hp, racing, the bet, he said she said blah blah blah.

The issue is how, and more importantly why, you go from "zero to butt hurt" in 1.3 seconds

and was it you who neg repped me?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
jp - you are a smart man

un - nope, no issues with LC2 (Launch Control 2)...it's covered under warranty and can be used without turning VDC off. Thanks so much for your concern though! As for sticky tires, I don't need anything except for the factory stock street tires. I plan to come off the line on the brake to see how Sean does the first pass and if need be I will use LC2 on the 2nd run. Sean can run whatever tire he wants (along with his race gas).

Sean - I have NO clue what a "neg rep" is nor have I ever used that feature on this forum. So the answer to your question is no...

Peter

Old 08-17-2009, 09:10 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Here's a controlled environment with a 1000HP Viper running Twin Turbos and Methanol.. Multiple runs, vs stock Hayabusa and a couple of modded ones. As I stated, the stock Hayabusa has the Viper until 160 mph plus... watch the whole video, especially the chase Bike pulling on the Viper and passing it until 160 + The Hayabusa with only a pipe and filter is quicker... The modded Bikes just devastate the 1000 HP Viper. Note that the riders are all 220 lbs plus.. With lighter riders it makes a huge difference.

None of these freeway type races are legit, because you don't know if the drivers or riders are any good.. In this video, you can see that the riders are good as is the driver of the Viper.

In the Texas mile, the fastest production based Car is a Toyota Supra Turbo at 246.243 mph for Bikes it's a Hayabusa at 254.449. Over a standing mile, that's a significant difference.

These are definitely fun and entertaining discussions, I must say.. I did notice that the Viper gets real close to losing it and going off the road a few times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjWUgI_PUTs

Old 08-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
The problem with that video is that it doesn't represent all the 1000 hp cars out there. For one, Vipers have HORRIBLE aero and that huge front end is not helping with that problem!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
peter no need to be sarcastic with me, i was simply asking cuase i did not know, and if it did i was going to say taking that risk is not worth it...

Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
The problem with that video is that it doesn't represent all the 1000 hp cars out there. For one, Vipers have HORRIBLE aero and that huge front end is not helping with that problem!
Yeah, but what I'm showing is two legitimate real world tests of two 1000 HP cars, one a Ford GT, the other a Viper up against stock liter bikes... Street racing with other traffic around is 1. DUMB, 2. Not a true test because it's not controlled or correctly documented.

The original premise of this thread was that a stock Literbike was beaten My reply is to show using as much real World evidence that it's very difficult unless you have 1000 HP+ or the Bike rider is not very good. These are actual demonstrations of how a real roll-on happens, not some extrapolated VBox bench race...

I do agree with you about Vipers and their aerodynamics though. The other thing is where your car makes it's power. A lot of the American V8's and 10's make their in the midrange and then tail off which is not good for the top end acceleration or max speed.

At 600 or 650 RWHP a Car has no chance whatsoever.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry but you must be losing something in translation from board post to real world...there was no sarcasm in my post, just pure truth.
Peter

Originally Posted by unvmym3
peter no need to be sarcastic with me, i was simply asking cuase i did not know, and if it did i was going to say taking that risk is not worth it...

Old 08-17-2009, 09:49 PM
if the " thanks so much for your concern though " wasnt meant in a sarcastic way .. then i appologize.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 PM
F8L SNK is infamous around these parts
wow, I should read this forum more often, didn't know there was soo much hate in H Town. I also didn't know the Viper had such crappy aerodynamics that it isn't a good roll racer

Old 08-17-2009, 11:45 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by F8L SNK
wow, I should read this forum more often, didn't know there was soo much hate in H Town. I also didn't know the Viper had such crappy aerodynamics that it isn't a good roll racer
wow Tim, how did u find your way into this thread??

Since I don't want to see a GT2 lose to a GTR, I will give Sean some advice.

Sean, you just need some secret launch practice at hmp. Do a slow roll off the line and as soon as it hooks, lay into it. Lower you tire psi too. This way you will not break anything. You will need all the help you can get since you will be racing against Launch Control. Try to aim for 1.8-1.9 60 ft on your street tires.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:57 PM
F8L SNK is infamous around these parts
Joe, I usually just check the poor man "American Car" section. When scrolling down I saw Dr. Jitzu as thread poster and opened it. Gotta say, very interesting read.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dr_jitsu vs liter bike