996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just finished the AutoWeek article on F430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 07:32 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Just finished the AutoWeek article on F430

Wife had to get me a drool rag. Damn. What a nice package. Now they're talking about a daily driver in the same sentence as a Ferrari! Love that. Nice article about the drive, the sensations, the features, the sound.

OK, you guys taking up a collection yet?

Sorry Darren, had to do it. What a stunning car. Yeah, I'd take that. 6speed though, not ready for F1.

(all photos (c) AutoWeek)

MINE:

Old 11-21-2004, 07:39 AM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Where is the article?

Online or in the magazine?

Old 11-21-2004, 07:55 AM
tdf360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by mehrabani1
Where is the article?

Online or in the magazine?
It's in the magazine. And the reviews were talking up the 360 as a daily driver when it was a new model also, but not a lot of buyers use them that way, it's just the Ferrari culture at work. MY guess is the same will be true of the 430.

Gary

Old 11-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Carolina Speed
james is on a distinguished road
did the article mention the active suspension option of raising the car going in and out of driveways, etc. Is it true?

Old 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
gilzen is on a distinguished road
Hey Eric,
My wife saw the article and SHE said she wants one. She is not even a car nut. So I might have a green light on this one, but still satisfied with my 996TT.

Old 11-21-2004, 09:49 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
!~

Originally posted by gilzen
Hey Eric,
My wife saw the article and SHE said she wants one. She is not even a car nut. So I might have a green light on this one, but still satisfied with my 996TT.
I'm not sure if the ride height of 430 is less than 360, but the 360 certainly isn't a problem. I mean you have to be careful, but I had more trouble with the lower lip on my TT than I've had on the 360.

As for daily driving, the 360 is one of the most comfortable, easiest to drive sportscars. The ride is far better than my TT and the clutch is light and requires little or no throttle. Now, if it only had a cupholder!

Old 11-21-2004, 10:35 AM
MKW
MKW is on a distinguished road
Two beauties with flared nostrils :

Old 11-21-2004, 10:42 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
honestly, i just don't find the car that much better than the CS (and it weighs nearly 400 lb more!)

Last edited by ben, lj; 11-21-2004 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:52 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
It that your CS Ben??? C'est Bella !!!

Old 11-21-2004, 10:54 AM
tdf360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by ben, lj
honestly, i just don't find the car that much better than the CS (and it weighs nearly 400 lb more!)
Ben -

The CS is an unbelievably great car. I don't see the 430 even competing against it. I think the 430 is more dual purpose, suited to an occasional track day, but more comfy on, say, a drive from LA to SF. The CS is pure track day or canyon cutting fun, not so suitable for a day-long drive. I don't know if you weighed them there would be that much difference. FChatters who have weighed their CS report it's heavier than Ferrari says, not so much lighter than a 360. If memory serves (and lately it is not serving so well) it was supposed to be 250 lbs lighter than a 360 and is closer to 150.

Gary

Old 11-21-2004, 10:57 AM
gilzen is on a distinguished road
BTW- my wife gives the ok on this one too! I might have to stop viewing this is getting dangerous.

Old 11-21-2004, 10:57 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by rockitman
It that your CS Ben??? C'est Bella !!!
Yes it is, thanks. While TDF is accurate that the CS is a more "focused" car, I think it makes a fine daily driver. The only thing it's probably missing to make that complete is a glovebox or some place to put things like registration, insurance, etc. The ride seems fine to me - not much more (if any) harsh in non-race mode than my 911 cab is with PSS9s. This is a result of titanium springs and lug nuts, lighter wheels, lighter ceramic brakes than the 360. Even with ceramics, I bet the unsprung weight is still less on the CS than the 430 which really is Ferrari's secret to the CS's amazing ride while being incredibly flat in the corners.

Last edited by ben, lj; 11-21-2004 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:25 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Eric - what are you apologizing for making me drool again on my keypad LOL ?

Old 11-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Darren, I sent you a PM...

Old 11-21-2004, 03:57 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
I'm sure the 430 will grow on me, but for the time being I think the exterior of the 360 is prettier. With the 430, it seems Ferrari is trying to incorporate too many angular design elements, including the Enzo tailights, that don't flow well with the curves of the 360. The interior, on the other hand, is a work of art!

IMO, the CS is the ultimate 360 in terms of design.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just finished the AutoWeek article on F430