996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Production number info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 07:29 PM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 80shilling
Congratulations on a beautiful color combination....
Thank you sir, I was he!! bent on finding a blue one and didn't really want a tan interior and was not going to go red. I got what I wanted and am very happy with it.

Peace

Old 12-11-2009, 12:55 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
The 2005 GT2 was the rarest at only 7 (5 in the US). I can tell you that there were 2005 Turbos that are not "S" but were manufactured in late 2004 (just like the 2005 GT2). I did a lot of research in 2006 and came up with the numbers I quoted you. Hard to tell exactly how many were M-Blue but not many. Red, M-blue, Yellow and White make up a very low % of 05 "S". If you ask PCA, they will refer you to me. I got the info from PCNA. We need a Germany contact. I have been working on that for the last 6 months.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I can tell you if it runs like mine does, it is faster than your X50 counterpart.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:19 PM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by robertp
The 2005 GT2 was the rarest at only 7 (5 in the US). I can tell you that there were 2005 Turbos that are not "S" but were manufactured in late 2004 (just like the 2005 GT2). I did a lot of research in 2006 and came up with the numbers I quoted you. Hard to tell exactly how many were M-Blue but not many. Red, M-blue, Yellow and White make up a very low % of 05 "S". If you ask PCA, they will refer you to me. I got the info from PCNA. We need a Germany contact. I have been working on that for the last 6 months.
Cool, yeah a Germany contact would be sweet. There's no way all this info is not somewhere to be had.

But it's enough to know it's special to me, sappy as that may sound.

Originally Posted by robertp
I can tell you if it runs like mine does, it is faster than your X50 counterpart.
Being my first Porsche, I have no Porsche to compare to but am no stranger to high horsepower cars and I will say flat out it is a whole new level.
Absolutely a class of it's own, especially for a production car.

It is so fast and yet so visceral, you feel everything the car is doing and everything it's going to do, so many folks don't know what I mean by that but for those who do, there is no comparison. I am no pro driver, but I can hot shoe pretty well and tend to drive very hard when it's safe to do so, I have never "felt" any other car as I do this one.

I am only sorry I did not get one sooner.

I just can't stop grinning!

I'll shut up now, I'm starting to sound sappy. (again)

Old 12-12-2009, 10:08 AM
A few pictures of mine.

Attached Images   
Old 12-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Very nice, the yellow is a good color too.

Not that any are bad colors, but we all have our preferences.

I like black but already have a Black Denali and a Black Harley, the Vette will probably end up Black too. So black was out, I don't care for silver, or grey, really do not like red, so that left blue, white or yellow. (that I was aware of)
Blue got the nod with white or yellow in second had I come across one.

Also, my mom is a blue freak and has always been a lead foot, so part of the blue decision was for her. She is semi retired and is my bookkeeper for my business (who better to trust?) so she gets to drive the car too. She took it out Fri for an errand and couldn't stop giggling.

Very much the iconic "lil ol lady from Pasadena"

Think "Mrs Doubtfire" in a Porsche! (who can hot shoe pretty dang well herself)
Except my mom is not really Robin Williams in disguise! LOL!

Last edited by mtcraigco; 12-12-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
any idea of production run for an 03 SY coupe?

Old 12-14-2015, 10:04 AM
MrNurse has a spectacular aura aboutMrNurse has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mtcraigco
Howdy all, would very much like to pointed in the right direction to get production number breakdowns for 2005

Car of interest is in my Sig line.

I've googled but have not come up with anything.

Surely there's a source out there somewhere?

What about the PCA? Email Porsche directly? Other ideas?

thanks
There's no 2005 in your sig. The CTS? Your in the wrong section. Otherwise you should've listed the car in question or not change your sig.