996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Production number info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:34 PM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
Production number info

Howdy all, would very much like to pointed in the right direction to get production number breakdowns for 2005

Car of interest is in my Sig line.

I've googled but have not come up with anything.

Surely there's a source out there somewhere?

What about the PCA? Email Porsche directly? Other ideas?

thanks

Old 12-10-2009, 01:59 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
around 500 total, 250 Turbo S cars. Most were cabs painted black and silver. I have a yellow cab (one of 16). White is the rarest (less than 6).

Old 12-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
This is what i found on the PCA site:

Production Numbers

911 Turbo (all, incl. GT2) | Other

Vehicle Information: Year: 2005; Engine (Size, Modifications): 911 Turbo S Cabrio; Total Mileage: 396;
How many 911 Turbo S were made in 2005 and how mauy were cabrio. Also, how many were painted speed yellow? My vin is WPOCB29915S675730, so when was is produced and what production order does this 911 have? Thank you,

Robert Passananti [ORC]
1/4/2006 3:20:59 PM
Congrats on your new car!! They are wonderful in the cab version. Speed Yellow is a personal favorite of mine. I do not have a cab, but it is certainly speed yellow! You might want to call PCNA and see if they have production numbers on how many speed yellow cars were made. This is not something we have been given the numbers to. As far as the VIN. The numbers for US TT Cabs range from 70061 to 74000. Since your VIN is 75730 you would subtract that from 70061 which would make is the 5669th one. This falls out of range for what I have documentation for. It would appear that Porsche either made more or scattered the numbering sequence out. In regards to total production the rumored total numbers are to be about 530 TTS coupes and 100 TTS Cabs. This is unconfirmed for 05’ production so please take it with a grain of salt.
Stephen Kaspar - PCA WebSite - 1/8/2006

Old 12-10-2009, 03:47 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
According to "The Essential Companion", the world wide production numbers for the 2005 TurboS were 598 coupes and 960 cabs. The book doesn't break it down for the USA.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:03 PM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
So it's safe to say that the salesman was not full of crap and it IS a rare example?

Now I gotta really research that, I guess it's time to join the PCA!

How many midnight blue? How many in the US? How many with the Gray inerior? (Most seem tan or black with red one now and then.)

Man I hate being so dang retentive sometimes.

(pics coming up in another thread.)

Old 12-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Total # of 996 TT sold in North America.: 9,180 (6,604 Coupes and 2,556 cabs)

2001 Coupe: 2418
2002 Coupe: 2318
2003 Coupe: 1384
2003 Cab: 482
2004 Coupe: 298
2004 Cab: 1490
2005 Coupe: 186
2005 Cab: 604

Old 12-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Jeeeze o pete!

I had no idea I was getting a "collector" car as well as a TT 911

Of 604 TT Cabs in 05, not many could have been "S"s, and even less in the dark blue.

I must have looked at 4-5 black ones and just as many gray or silver ones, and I don't think ANY of those were "S's and they were 03-05s

Wow, thanks so much for all the info.

I'll track it down specifically eventually, but that's enough to know it's defintely a rare bird.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I'm pretty sure that all 2005 turbos (both Cab and Coupe) were 'S' versions. Non 'S' versions were not available that year. Only in the previous years. Thus, your car is 1 of 604. Pretty rare, indeed.

Even more rare is the 996 GT2. There were only 315 total sold in the US during their entire production run (2002-2005).

Old 12-10-2009, 04:52 PM
AAhhhhh, makes sense now. I also just saw that ShokWaveRider of this forum also has an 05 Blue TT S.

Well, it's all good. I bought the car to drive, not to brag about how few were made.

1 of 604 seems pretty good though!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Pics are up,

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rbo-s-cab.html

And BTW thanks so much for such a warm welcome to a newb!

Such is not the case on all forums.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Beautiful car, bro. Congrats!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:57 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mtcraigco

I had no idea I was getting a "collector" car as well as a TT 911
I think you will find two camps: Owners of 2005s thinking they are very valuable and rare, and valuable- and others who observe that as the 996TT 'wound down' production, there simply weren't a lot built. (Perhaps because people couldn't justify $150,000 for the last 996TT with the new 997TT just around the corner.) I am not convinced that this 'rarity' converts to 'collector' or 'value'.

But it may.

Enjoy the car...

A

Old 12-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Ha! I just checked your sig, GT2, LOL

TWICE as rare as mine LOLx2!

Thanks for the props.

PS Looks like i found the right place for doing those 100hp bolt ons!

Old 12-10-2009, 05:15 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Congratulations on a beautiful color combination....

Old 12-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by ard
I think you will find two camps: Owners of 2005s thinking they are very valuable and rare, and valuable- and others who observe that as the 996TT 'wound down' production, there simply weren't a lot built. (Perhaps because people couldn't justify $150,000 for the last 996TT with the new 997TT just around the corner.) I am not convinced that this 'rarity' converts to 'collector' or 'value'.

But it may.

Enjoy the car...

A
Meh. (shrugs)

I'm a driver not a collector, if it's got some rarity value, well that's a bonus for sure, no doubt about it.

But what I really care about is what happens when I put the skinny pedal down!

I don't think it'll show any collector value for 10-20 years anyway, then we'll know how the market looks at it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Production number info