996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Financing a 996TT these days possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dego Red
I would also assume getting the 996 financed would be simpler considering the inflated book values vs actual street sales. Many places only care about the numbers, so if you're only borrowing $35k on a car that's $50k in the book, advantage you.
Exactly. At the time I bought mine for $55k, the book value was $72k, hence the no money down deal.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:06 PM
petros600 is infamous around these parts
+1 for Penfed. I apply on Thursday night, i had the check on Monday morning(fed ex)
Helps if you have the vin #

Old 12-16-2009, 08:42 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Did any of you guys have issues getting 60 month financing that have financed recently? He is more worried that he will have to get a 48 month loan due to the age of the vehiclas he is looking at.

Thanks for all the great info. He will be pleased to hear that it is an option to finance.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:02 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
60/72 no hell i was shooting for 84month but didn't like the interest rate at 8%

Old 12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
sav911 is infamous around these parts
+1 (or is it +4?) for Penfed. They didn't care about the age of the vehicle. They were more concerned about the value vs. loan amount, so I expect the more money you're putting down, the more comfortable they'll be with longer terms. Their rate is 3.9 regardless of term (up to 60mo), assuming good credit.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 AM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
FWIW, PenFed is a credit union (that, in my case, beat the snot out of the local CUs). Definately shop around!

Old 12-17-2009, 09:31 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
As already stated by several others - PenFed is a great option.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:39 AM
secretvampire is infamous around these parts
Another big thumbs up for PenFed from me, got my '03 in February of this year using their 3.99% rate.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:57 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
there are two credit unions that had great results but unless yur in cali or buying rom a Porsche dealer they were out of Question for me.

you have to be able to join the credit union, you have to use their requirements possibly franchise dealer only ( meaning can only buy from Porsche dealer) no private party persons or no private party dealers.

then you have the Out of state new customer hurdle, some would do it others not

and some credit unions want you to meet with car and oter party if its not a dealer brokering the deal and if you not buyign it near their location that makes it challenging.

so to find one of the dealers that fit all the issues above since i bought my car from a exotic non franchise dealership ina foreign state over the net it eliminated my ability not having a current account with any creit union to use MOST credit unions as i was immediatly dismissing anyone with above a 6% interest rate and not offering 60-84month contracts so do ask all these questions most of the credit unions will wait until last paperwork i being completeed and say hey bring the car down by the office or signing or send me the sales agreement on dealer letterhead(franchise) and then your stuck deposit is deleivered and your finiancing is kerput.

and also dont forget if its close to book and your not figuring tax they may not approve being this old of vehicle there is alot of issues buying an expensive vehicle over 6 years old and 60k miles if your finiancing he car.

if i was in california i would have used providentCU.org
Penfed was an option but term too short for me.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Dukekid68 is infamous around these partsDukekid68 is infamous around these parts
I'd def say go through a CU if you can, many larger corperations are members which will allow you to join

i can get 5% up to 84 months through Affinity FCU, length of loan is simply whatever you chose it to be

Banks/even CU's are holding borrowers to much stricter standards now - ie in some cases verifying that the purchaser can ACTUALLY afford what they are buying and not extending themselves to finance things simply on credit.

best of luck
Dukekid

Old 12-27-2009, 09:16 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Wink

No offense, but I just think it's kind of stupid to finance this kind of car, let alone any other automobile/luxury item. If you can afford the maintenance, then you can afford to pay cash for the car in the first place. I only drive a 996 C2, but a couple weeks after I got it like 2 years ago, I had to do about $2k of maintenance on it (& this was at a very reasonably priced indie), & they say TTs cost about twice to maintain. So...

Last edited by RaphaelP; 12-27-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:52 PM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RaphaelP
No offense, but I just think it's kind of stupid to finance this kind of car, let alone any other automobile/luxury item. If you can afford the maintenance, then you can afford to pay cash for the car in the first place. I only drive a 996 C2, but a couple weeks after I got it like 2 years ago, I had to do about $2k of maintenance on it (& this was at a very reasonably priced indie), & they say TTs cost about twice to maintain. So...
Well if one could finance it at 3.9% and have investment opportunities that would make say 10%, why not?

Sometimes it's not about having the cash or not, it's about opportunity cost.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:27 AM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 996Choy
Well if one could finance it at 3.9% and have investment opportunities that would make say 10%, why not?

Sometimes it's not about having the cash or not, it's about opportunity cost.
You make a good point. But if I had an investment opportunity that took up all my funds meanwhile forcing me to FINANCE a Porsche, I wouldn't buy it, because you never know (especially in this economy). That investment could go bad & then you're left without funds, a financed Porsche, & maintenance coming up sooner or later. If that investment is really as good as it seems, wait it out until you get your money & profit, then shop for the car.

Either way, everyone is free to do what they like. Just giving my 2 cents, all with good intentions. There's a reason why the US is known as the country of debt. People here owe more than they actually have. It's kind of sad.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:13 AM
heeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the tip on Penfiled. Have to check it out

Old 12-28-2009, 07:11 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RaphaelP

You are one smart 19 year old, my friend

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Financing a 996TT these days possible?