996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Official Upsolute Dyno Results....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 03:42 PM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Official Upsolute Dyno Results....

Originally posted by Ruiner
That is approx. the same flywheel hp/tq for the Stage 3 upgrade with the K-24 Turbos.

What boost (bar) were you running/peaking at? Were you on pump gas or race gas? (93octane vs 100+)

Aside from the chip and exhaust, everything else was stock, correct?
Pump gas and 1.0 bar of boost. Chip and ECU..that's it!

Old 09-26-2003, 03:53 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Sounds great congrats However, the loss ratio seems pretty high to me. There's so many different formulas being tossed around out there but if you compared it to the loss ratios of EVO (1.15 x rwhp) then your outcome would be 437 x 1.15= 502.55 Flyhp.... Still good. Evo's base TT did 370 rwhp....
I did a base line Dyno on my X50 before mods and it was 417-420rwhp & around the same for Tq.

Old 09-26-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by RDH
Sounds great congrats However, the loss ratio seems pretty high to me. There's so many different formulas being tossed around out there but if you compared it to the loss ratios of EVO (1.15 x rwhp) then your outcome would be 437 x 1.15= 502.55 Flyhp.... Still good. Evo's base TT did 370 rwhp....
I did a base line Dyno on my X50 before mods and it was 417-420rwhp & around the same for Tq.
Thanks. Im no dyno expert, so I as I said before, I will use and stick to what the guys at AWE gave me. I guess it depends on the dyno used? Mustang, Dyno jet, etc.

I personally could care less if it's 1.15, 1.18 or 1.28. There will always be differences in opinion regarding the loss factor how it's derived. To each his own.

Bottom line is that im very pleased with the run and the car made more power than advertised.

Old 09-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by dmilzoff
BCS996TT

On behalf of everyone who does have the UpSolute, and myself, we thank you for the great information. UpSolute's literature says 510 HP with a stock TT but I just assumed that it was optimistic. Glad to see that they are actually right on.
I will see you Sunday. If no one else sets up a meet - how about the Sunoco Station at Exit 1 of the Palisades - at 7 AM?

David
David,

No problem...just glad I was able to get a run on the dyno and report back (whether good or bad...in this case...good! )

I think C4S is going to organize the Northern NJ group...if not...your meeting place sounds good to me.

Old 09-26-2003, 04:56 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
BCS,
Understand and agree with you 100 % ! Your happy, thats cool. You gained 70 rwhp , around 20 % increase A stage 4 on an X50 is around the same 70 rwhp increase.....

Old 09-26-2003, 05:01 PM
Ok...I just have to throw this in here.....

"A Mustang Dyno is one of the BEST tuning devices you could ever use. They put a wideband oxygen sensor down by the collector of the header, so you get VERY accurate readings instead of delayed readings and readings when the exhaust has cooled down by the time it hits the tail pipe, which is where some Dynojet operators put it. A Mustang Dyno requires that you enter a weight for the vehicle and then provides a resistance throughout the entire run, simulating wind resistance. For this reason, it is an excellent tuning device but its no good to put down big numbers. Once a car begins moving, there is less resistance at the wheels when you overcome the polar moment of inertia, but the Mustang Dyno keeps applying this force acting against you. If you were on a Dynojet you would only have to overcome the polar moment of inertia and then you'd have nothing but BIG numbers. The Dynojet will generally put down another 10-15% more whp than a Mustang Dyno.

The Mustang Dyno MD250 dyno is a true loading dyno, because it uses an inertia weight as well as an eddy current motor that is attached to the rollers. This eddy current motor creates a drag on the shaft by way of electricity that causes a magnetic field to try and overcome the torque going through the roller shafts. This current is controlled by software that is always trying to simulate load as if the car is driving in real world conditions. The real benefit from the loading dyno is the ability to maintain a load that allows a tuner to properly go through a fuel map or ignition map and tune the chip for optimum horsepower and torque. It has the ability to also simulate the IM240 emissions test as required in some states. It can check 1/4 mile times as well as times for 0-60 MPH and 0-100 MPH. It can also be used for road testing and simulation for drivability problems. As a result of the loading capability, the dyno numbers from a mustang dyno will come out lower than the inertia (dynojet) dyno

The Dynojet is actually an accelerometer whereby it uses a 3000-3200 pound drum that is used to create an inertia load on the vehicle being tested. The vehicle's horsepower (HP) and torque try to overcome the weight/inertia of the drum to accelerate it. As a result the software and electronics try to measure the horsepower and torque that the vehicle is developing to overcome the drum's weight and inertia. The resulting horsepower and torque will be higher than a true loading dyno because once the drum starts rolling not as much power is needed to keep it going."

Old 09-26-2003, 06:02 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
BCS996tt,

Very impressive.

Comparing your Upsolute/David Exhaust to the Stage III.

Upsolute $500., David Exhaust $2,200.(?) Total $2,700.
Maximum HP 559.6, Maximum Torque 570.7

Stage III 996TT Total $12,5OO. Maximum HP 552, Maximum Torque 563.
*to convert X-50 to Stage III, $7,400.

Note-above numbers are flywheel numbers.

These number are better than the old 427 AC Cobra's.

If you run your car hard prior to the dyno, you will get better dyno numbers. Your ECU is learning your driving habits. That is why your numbers get better. Sometimes they can be worse due to heat sink of your intercoolers. Depends how you cool them on the dyno and how long you wait between runs.

Last edited by cjv; 09-26-2003 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:08 PM
Chad,

In my case, definitely the best bang for the buck! Plus, awesome performance!

Old 09-26-2003, 06:35 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
This is the answer I got from the Miami Upsolute Rep.

"I'm a Master ASE technician for Esserman VW on the Palmetto. I do all of my general managers work on his vehicle he as a 2001 996. I worked at Auto control for a while on older Porsche's but that was a several years ago. Working for Upsolute is an extra income for me. When the Upsolute Rep from Tampa came down to trained me the first car we did was a 996. If you are still interested you should know that all Porsche programs are custom tailored to each vehicle. Porsche uses encryptions in there files, so to prevent from factory scan tools picking up our software we need to remove your ECM so I can read your factory file than I will send it to our Programmer in Austria then he send me your new file and install it on your chip and reinstall it back on your ECM."

What do you guys think? Sounds legit?......... Send my chip to Austria???

Old 09-26-2003, 07:07 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
If you would have pulled in fifth gear, your numbers would have been higher yet.

Old 09-26-2003, 07:16 PM
MKW
MKW is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Jeru
This is the answer I got from the Miami Upsolute Rep.

What do you guys think? Sounds legit?......... Send my chip to Austria???
No- they send you ECU's program file to Austria over the Internet , not your chip !

Old 09-26-2003, 07:42 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
I am truly impressed!! Was this for a stock out of the box Upsolute or did you get it re-tuned??

Last edited by msindi; 09-26-2003 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:44 PM
cjv
msindi,

Have you dyno'ed your stage IV to verify power and torque?

Old 09-26-2003, 07:44 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Chad - I did - see the other post....https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...5&pagenumber=2

Old 09-26-2003, 07:51 PM
cjv
So you produced 617 flywheel hp compared to the claimed 640 for the stage IV GT. I derived the 617 by applying a 1.28% loss factor for the awd dyno.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official Upsolute Dyno Results....