996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

997 Turbo intake manifold into 996 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 02:27 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
It's not worth the money and time like cjv said, maybe mike Levitas did it but he's the shop owner so that makes a big difference .

Old 01-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Gary Church is on a distinguished road
The car is my RUF RTS. It's the dyno curves (hp & toque) that are very impressive. Call Mike Levitas and he'll no doubt give you a price.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:48 PM
dominik... is on a distinguished road
it`s crazy
somebody said it`s not big different, somebody else said it`s impressive resoults,
so what is the true?

Any dyno of power and torque different?

Impressive dresoults it`s 30WHP, 60WHP or 5 WHP?

Old 01-17-2010, 05:52 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I have heard it really makes a good upgrade for those who have done head etc... I am looking for a used one.
Robert

Old 01-17-2010, 09:08 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gary Church
The car is my RUF RTS. It's the dyno curves (hp & toque) that are very impressive. Call Mike Levitas and he'll no doubt give you a price.
Mike's still at it?! The man held a car of mine hostage for 50 weeks once. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Ask him if he recalls a black 88 Ford Mustang they had forever. He should, they actually moved into their office area for awhile to work on other's cars - never mine. Oh I could tell some stories Be very very wary.....

Old 01-17-2010, 10:03 PM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
switzer has a better design than the oem 997 i would contact them. i have it and its amazing.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:52 AM
A couple of comments...

Mike Levitas at TPC has done a very good job for me and he is very responsive.... not cheap, but very good. Sorry to hear about your past problems.

Mike recently installed a 997 TT Induction System with larger injectors. I already had a high volume Bosch fuel pump, which replaced the 997 GT-2 pump that we installed with the engine. The dyno done after this work has shown a very good hp and torque profile. We turned 635 hp at the rear wheels with 520 foot-ibs of torque from 4,000 to 7,000 RPM. Since I was turbo limited, Mike has installed new 997 modified GT-2 turbos. I am now waiting for the dyno runs. We may get up to 700 hp at the rear wheels - hard to say. It looks like the injector and induction mods were good for about 50 hp.

Since I track this car I will tell you a smooth (non-peaky) hp power and torque curve and is the most important aspect of engine go fast. I have seen big horsepower and torque that sounds impressive from dyno, but are virtually undriveable on the track - meaning they are sloooow for the hp. Also, I get lots of big boasts from many who drive high power garage queens who (1) have no track driving experience or little skill and (2) have done nothing to tune the handling of their high power cars.

If you think you have a fast car, take it to the track and document your lap times. I'd love to see those times in lieu of dyno hp numbers.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
If you think you have a fast car... Go down the 1/4 or the mile... A lap time doesn't mean sh*t... That's all about how your suspension is setup and your driving ability. If HP meant something in road racing, then why do people race Miata's? Their ability to handle is why they do it.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:35 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
A couple of comments...

Mike Levitas at TPC has done a very good job for me and he is very responsive.... not cheap, but very good. Sorry to hear about your past problems.

Mike recently installed a 997 TT Induction System with larger injectors. I already had a high volume Bosch fuel pump, which replaced the 997 GT-2 pump that we installed with the engine. The dyno done after this work has shown a very good hp and torque profile. We turned 635 hp at the rear wheels with 520 foot-ibs of torque from 4,000 to 7,000 RPM. Since I was turbo limited, Mike has installed new 997 modified GT-2 turbos. I am now waiting for the dyno runs. We may get up to 700 hp at the rear wheels - hard to say. It looks like the injector and induction mods were good for about 50 hp.

Since I track this car I will tell you a smooth (non-peaky) hp power and torque curve and is the most important aspect of engine go fast. I have seen big horsepower and torque that sounds impressive from dyno, but are virtually undriveable on the track - meaning they are sloooow for the hp. Also, I get lots of big boasts from many who drive high power garage queens who (1) have no track driving experience or little skill and (2) have done nothing to tune the handling of their high power cars.

If you think you have a fast car, take it to the track and document your lap times. I'd love to see those times in lieu of dyno hp numbers.
First off , if you think you have a fast car i will meet you at MIR and spank that a$$ all day !!!! some of us are not into racing on the track ,and just like highway pulls ! aslo , i know tpc's dyno reads high and is a old dynojet that reads high .

i know someone credible that did the 997 tt manis, and it is not 50 hp ... maybe in TPC horsepower ... all the HP numbers i have seen from them are always inflated anyway.

so again id love to see your 1/4 60 to 130 times in lieu with your dyno numbers .

Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
You are obviously an interesting person. No doubt young, inexperienced and certainly lacking wisdom as well as good judgement by virtue of your comments. Your mouth is well in front of your brain.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 AM
yeah .. whatever you say chief .. so how about it ?

Like powell said we will be waiting...

Old 01-18-2010, 02:23 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Man the testosterone levels in here just went up 200% !

Hp is not where its on on a Road course at all. its all about handling and (suspension setup) I have been in this game for

Last edited by UrbanHotrod; 01-18-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 PM
I agree , roadcourse /track is not all about horsepower, and you want nice linear power under the curve and non peaky turbos that kick in realy hard. i agree with everything he said , but then he goes on saying, that he gets a laugh from big horsepower garage queens,who have no track experience , and lastly if you think you have a fast car take it to the track and document a lap time, I'd love to see those times in lieu of dyno hp numbers.

like powell said , lap times dont mean **** going down the 1/4 .us with fast cars go to the strip , no one ever said anything about roadtracks.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:15 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
You are obviously an interesting person. No doubt young, inexperienced and certainly lacking wisdom as well as good judgement by virtue of your comments. Your mouth is well in front of your brain.
What did you expect when you pretty much slapped anyone who dynos big? It sounds as if others have had the "Mike experience" too so bear that in mind when dealing with him. Hopefully you got before and after dynos done at equal boost levels. Know that it's possible to screw around with a dyno to change numbers and obviously two different dynos can read differently. Perhaps this intake got you this power, perhaps things were tweaked since others aren't experiencing the same thing.

If the car works for you and feels good then it was worth it for you. Posting up a dyno sheet showing the improvements with some explanations would help since most of us here are looking to learn and a simple statement of increase often only tells a very small part of the story....

BTW FWIW, when getting a dyno done on a Dynojet I find it's always a good practice to bring along a USB stick and have the owner copy the run files onto the stick. Dynojet has a nice viewer software package AND it's also possible to "find" complete copies of their older software to view these with. Quite handy when comparing runs between yourself, others, or looking for someone having played with the atmospheric settings to change things though that is far from the only thing to watch for. Many shop owners don't keep the files forever so having a copy yourself is nice for when you need a new printed copy etc. or you wish to study something. My .02 anyway.

P.S. Seriously, be wary of Mike. If you're his #1 you're likely to be happy. God help you if he loses interest though, I was in hell for near a year and he did some fairly shady things. Had he not had possession of my car at the time I'd have NOT paid him for some of the crap he pulled To say he was unapologetic when it came time to pay my bill after such an extended stay is an understatement!

Last edited by BLKMGK; 01-18-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
First off , if you think you have a fast car i will meet you at MIR and spank that a$$ all day !!!!
This thread has fallen off the topic. If you can not debate your points without trash talking and insults, this thread will be closed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo intake manifold into 996 Turbo