996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Night out with an RPM North 996 Turbo aka "The Red Rocket"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 11:57 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Out of closure for you I am going to respond, but I am not going to start arguing with you over a street race that happened a year ago in which neither of us were involved in. I hope your doing well, and I hope your buddy in the Z06 is doing well also, I have not seen him around for a while, whats his story?

I guess your friend races at DPA?... but the fact that you just used the letters "DPA" and "race" in one sentence, it is clear enough to me that you know what used to go down there. It has fell off a ton in the last couple of years, but on any given Fri or Sat night you are sure to find a race if you head out that way and do a little scouting. It might be American Muscle, or a Big Turbo import, but one thing is for sure someone will be around to give you a run for your money (literally)

What made you revive this anyway?

Old 05-02-2011, 12:57 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
lennon if you think that a zo6 even if was supercharged or tt would not have much of a chance against the red 996 TT.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Very nice...is that Cutty Ranks I hear at the beginning of the video? Oldie...but goodie!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
please tell me about the exhaust sys

Old 05-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LiNks
Out of closure for you I am going to respond, but I am not going to start arguing with you over a street race that happened a year ago in which neither of us were involved in. I hope your doing well, and I hope your buddy in the Z06 is doing well also, I have not seen him around for a while, whats his story?

I guess your friend races at DPA?... but the fact that you just used the letters "DPA" and "race" in one sentence, it is clear enough to me that you know what used to go down there. It has fell off a ton in the last couple of years, but on any given Fri or Sat night you are sure to find a race if you head out that way and do a little scouting. It might be American Muscle, or a Big Turbo import, but one thing is for sure someone will be around to give you a run for your money (literally)

What made you revive this anyway?

Hadn't seen or heard about this car in over a year and it was brought up into conversation a week ago and I was reminded that there had been a thread on here a while back that had a vid, searched and viola ! Thread revival

I have not been out to DPA on an evening in at least 3 years, and even back then it was too chaotic with everybody constantly running up and down, back and forth.

I dont post videos here or anything like that, I rarely even get mixed up in that stuff.

For the z06 clarification, the guy can drive the **** out of the car, think of it at its absolute limit and thats where he is 99% of the time.

You still head out there in the turbo? I dont think I have ever seen you on LI at all, would like to check the car out some time though.
In fact one of the last times I was out there was when I met up with iLLm3 when he had his old turbo.

the z06 has beaten things it really should not have, its attributed to the driver. One laggy boost shift, one instance of not holding out for peak power, ect.

i cant explain it either..

Old 05-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
and I;d love to see this red turbo with its current mods, because I remember it from back in the days of the old RPM

Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lennon31987
Hadn't seen or heard about this car in over a year and it was brought up into conversation a week ago and I was reminded that there had been a thread on here a while back that had a vid, searched and viola ! Thread revival

I have not been out to DPA on an evening in at least 3 years, and even back then it was too chaotic with everybody constantly running up and down, back and forth.

I dont post videos here or anything like that, I rarely even get mixed up in that stuff.

For the z06 clarification, the guy can drive the **** out of the car, think of it at its absolute limit and thats where he is 99% of the time.

You still head out there in the turbo? I dont think I have ever seen you on LI at all, would like to check the car out some time though.
In fact one of the last times I was out there was when I met up with iLLm3 when he had his old turbo.

the z06 has beaten things it really should not have, its attributed to the driver. One laggy boost shift, one instance of not holding out for peak power, ect.

i cant explain it either..
Yea I am around with the turbo, used to run into Martin a lot, but havent seen him in a long time.... used to run into your friend with the Z06 from time to time but haven't seen him either. Didn't he have a brother as well?

If your around during the summer months I am a little slower with work and I definitely will be out, maybe we will catch up. We have a nice little crew of some decent cars.