996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

rear spoiler hydraulics warranty issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 05:14 PM
lbmw is on a distinguished road
rear spoiler hydraulics warranty issue

Well unfortunately my rear driver side ram/hydraulic is leaking oil, so i brought it to Porsche Exchange of Highland Park,il. I have the easycare warranty by the way, so the dealership assess the problem and was told leaking one ram but the whole hydraulic system needs replacement. So the dealership present the problem and solution to easycare. Easycare authorized only for replacement of the leaking ram/hydraulic. So the dealership went ahead and order the parts and install it. They called me and pick up the car drove it and notice the spoiler rised up but uneven the new hydraulic is lower than the other. So i brought it back to Porsche Exchange and was told that the tech doesn't have a way to bleed the system if only one ram is replaced. He said there's air and was told to drive it for a few days and it might get the air out by frequently raising and lowering down of the spoiler. then bring it back in a few days if it didn't work.
Is this going to work that the air comes out by itself. i brought the car to them with the spoiler able to raised up evenly. The only problem is the check spoiler light and leak. now no leak but uneven.
anybody had this frustrating experience.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:26 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lbmw
...So i brought it back to Porsche Exchange and was told that the tech doesn't have a way to bleed the system if only one ram is replaced. He said there's air and was told to drive it for a few days and it might get the air out by frequently raising and lowering down of the spoiler. then bring it back in a few days if it didn't work...
This is complete rubbish. The attached manual pages show how to bleed the spoiler system. I suggest that you print them out, take them to the dealer, and tell them to stop jerking your chain...

Good luck!

Jon

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Spoiler_Hydraulics.pdf (688.5 KB, 844 views)
Old 03-19-2010, 07:31 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
+1 ^^^

996TT and 997TT spoiler system can be bled, even if one cylinder is new and the other is old. Bleeding the system is painful, but if air is in the system, it will not go away until it is re-bled.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:52 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
FAST FWD, kudos to you! I've been looking for a good PDF like that!

Old 03-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Thanks guys for the advice

Old 03-20-2010, 09:58 AM
i called the dealership and told them that i ask a porsche mechanic and was told that it can be bled and need to be bled if there's air in the system otherwise it won't fix the problem. They said easycare only authorized them a certain hour for replacing one ram. The service adviser is also pushing that the spoiler hydraulic system has no way to bled the air out. So I told him i have a printed instruction provided by a mechanic on how to do it. I told them they never fix the problem. They said to bring the car in but might not be able to provide loaner or rent-a-car. I said thats part of my plan with easycare, for as long as i dont have my car because your fixing it then i should have a loaner. And he said he'll do it. lets see what happen! I never have this problem before. Never expected it from a porsche dealership.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:18 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
This is complete rubbish. The attached manual pages show how to bleed the spoiler system. I suggest that you print them out, take them to the dealer, and tell them to stop jerking your chain...

Good luck!

Jon

Thanks for great info!