996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 TT on ebay - anyone know this car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Brainofjjj is on a distinguished road
Question 996 TT on ebay - anyone know this car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...item3a597e12c3

So Global Motorcars in Houston has a 996TT that's pretty heavily modded but with no records, imagine that. The price seems too good to be true, and you know what they say about that.
Global says the car was owned by a guy who prepped it for track duty but passed away. They also said it needs emissions work (cats i assume) to be street legal. I assume a seat as well.

Here's the email response.
"What you see is what you get. We bought it this way. No there are no service records available as the owner who built the car had his own race team. He just finished putting in a new transmission before he traded it. It has the 15,000 Brembro brakes! Larger Turbo form Envo Systems. Its a beast but I am not sure of the other adds. We had a guy who used to race with the old owner give us all these details. The old owner passed away due to a drunk driver accident. Feel free to get it inspected by a 3rd party if you are interested. "

So....have i answered my own question regarding this car? No records or history can be fatal.

Thanks for any feedback you all might have.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:19 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Maybe I can check it out for you. We can perform a PPI if interested. The link doesn't work for me. Email me todd@vividracing.com

Todd

Old 04-04-2010, 05:28 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brainofjjj
Here's the email response.
"What you see is what you get. We bought it this way. No there are no service records available as the owner who built the car had his own race team. He just finished putting in a new transmission before he traded it. It has the 15,000 Brembro brakes! Larger Turbo form Envo Systems. Its a beast but I am not sure of the other adds. We had a guy who used to race with the old owner give us all these details. The old owner passed away due to a drunk driver accident. Feel free to get it inspected by a 3rd party if you are interested. "
New transmission?
Brembro brakes, lol.
Envo Systems?

Old 04-04-2010, 05:37 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Global Motorcars seems to have their fingers on the pulse of the Pcar community with those descriptions...

Old 04-04-2010, 07:23 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
I spoke to Thomas, (The guy who is selling the car for global) about this car a few days ago. He did mention that this was a racecar and the body/pait will prove it. He was not able to give me any details other than what you just said as he had no clue. Seems like a huge skip to me ecspecially for non locals.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Steve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really nice
Interesting car. I have not seen the dual razor fins off the front bumper before. Looks like its ready for the gladiator races.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:03 AM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
nice looking turbo, great price too

Old 04-05-2010, 06:39 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
I would swear this car has been the subject of discussion before, here or on rennlist. There can't be that many 996's with those silly little front wings on them. Some members did know this car fwiw.

Tom

Old 04-05-2010, 07:07 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
I didn't look at the car but if the price and mods seem to be worth it, it wouldn't hurt to get the car checked out with a PPI. Records may also be possible be pulled by Porsche.

However, with all that said, there are always nice 996tts popping up on the forums here...just need to be patient...

Old 04-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Brainofjjj is on a distinguished road
they just bumped the price to $43k....must have realized the car has Brembos and not Brembros

Old 04-05-2010, 07:43 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
When I hear Global Motorcars, I think submarine...

A

(Ps A car that had been in a flood...)

Old 04-05-2010, 11:14 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I think thats a questionable price for a questionable car. New Tranny at 25Kmiles? thats a flag. Too many little mods for me to feel comfortable paying that much for that car
Early model etc etc.
Its been Raced? or just abused or both? Also I dont like the way the rear deck sits on the
rear bumper.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Chris B will become famous soon enough
Hey guys,

I'm a noob here, 1st post.

I was actually just looking at this call on AutoTrader.com this morning, they brought the price down to $40995, which I thought was a great price. So i sent them an email, hoping they would have records...but as it turns out they didnt.

This would be my 1st Porsche (after multiple Cobra's and other toys), after reading your posts, I think this is one that I will stay away from.

Glad I came lurking in here!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:49 AM
s4ce is on a distinguished road
Old 04-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Chris B will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by s4ce

Although they're only allowed 9 photos on AutoTrader.com, i was hoping by going to thier website, they would have more photos. But alas, there were not, you would think, with a car like this, they would be very detailed.

Does global have a bad reputation in the Porsche community?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 TT on ebay - anyone know this car?