996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Maxspeed Motorsports Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Becareful with AliBaba- I purchased some electronics on the site and never received anything for my money. Bunch if crooks I'm finding out after doing a bunch of research. Buyer beware-

Old 04-16-2010, 01:26 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
who is AliBaba ? Maxspeed sell direct and vis EBAY where they have an excellent rating

Old 04-16-2010, 01:27 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
C4, I could not pick out drone on that Vid. Anyway I'll let you know when the Maxspeed stage 2 70 mm system is on my car later next week

Old 04-16-2010, 02:39 AM
RCH
Banned
tx. Kevin but what have these to do with Maxspeed please ?

Old 04-16-2010, 03:21 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RichardCH
C4, I could not pick out drone on that Vid. Anyway I'll let you know when the Maxspeed stage 2 70 mm system is on my car later next week
As it has been said many times in the past, drone is very subjective. Thanks but I don't need/want to know.

More info on the Maxspeed system here:http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...hlight=eurocup

Apparently the system is made in China and sold by various distributors worldwide under their own brand in re-labeled boxes to make it look more high end.

I personally ended up with an Oakley/DesignTek system that incorporates joint cansiters. Yet to be installed.

Last edited by Mr. C4; 04-16-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:01 AM
RCH
Banned
tx. Very informative

John @ Speedtech as you are seemingly selling exactly the same system, does it drone or not, there are some testimonials on your website that it doesn't ??

http://www.speedtechexhausts.com/page9.html

Maybe its just me but it sounds far better than your X-Cellërator item, even if it is made in China !

Last edited by RCH; 04-16-2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: text
Old 04-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
I understand that $ is the 1st thought for most people regardless of how much they make. The question is what do you really want? If it is the best sound then Markski or Switzer will not only please your ears but the quality of the product is unmatched IMO.
Both of these systems are going to cost you ( new ) somewhere over $3,000. Then you may need to have it installed depending on you mechanic skills. But this system is going to add to the wonderful experience of driving your car. What value do you place on that experience?
If what you want is a lasting quality, wonderful sound, hand made by a craftsman, that will pay you back every time you start and drive your car then get 1 of those systems.
The systems I found searching for the Maxspeed are around $2,500. The same labor if needed would still apply. So why not wait, save a little longer and get something that you will be better off w/ in the long run? Plus Mark and Neil will give you great customer service and advice on more mods in the direction you want to take your car. How much is that worth?
You are buying more then just a muffler from Mark and Neil, you are buying years of trial and error, hard work w/ passion towards a goal of being a very high end, high performance, bolt on modification that will make your car perform much better and you happier in the end. The total value of their product and customer service is more then worth waiting a little longer for and a better value in the end ( IMO ).
Just call either of them and get a feel for who they are and the driving force behind what they do. That won’t cost you hardly anything.
OP, good luck in your search.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:39 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Richard.
Maxspeed is located north of Montreal in Laval. I am living in Montreal about 20 kilometers from them.
And don't worry I don't know these people.
I order a spoiler wrench about a month ago and got it within 5 days. They were quick to respond to my questions and to ship...
I would like to see this exhaust in person but don't have the budget yet to get one and would not be a very good judge and adviser for the sound and building quality of this product....
Just want to share my experience with them...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	92
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	121345  
Old 04-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RichardCH
tx. Very informative

John @ Speedtech as you are seemingly selling exactly the same system, does it drone or not, there are some testimonials on your website that it doesn't ??

http://www.speedtechexhausts.com/page9.html

Maybe its just me but it sounds far better than your X-Cellërator item, even if it is made in China !
I can't comment on the 70mm version, but I can tell you that I have the 60 mm version, and there is no drone at all unless I'm in a gear that is too low for my engine speed (which I shouldn't do anyway!). Good luck with the purchase!

Old 04-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
I can't comment on the 70mm version, but I can tell you that I have the 60 mm version, and there is no drone at all unless I'm in a gear that is too low for my engine speed (which I shouldn't do anyway!). Good luck with the purchase!
Your sig says 70mm!?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr. C4
Your sig says 70mm!?
Not any more...

Old 04-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr. C4
Your sig says 70mm!?
No it doesn't! Check again.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
Not any more...
FYI...my sig has NEVER indicated 70mm...it has always said 60mm.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:00 AM
No worries! My bad after a few Friday night shots, beers, vodkas and wine!

Old 04-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Richard,

Our 70mm version, which is seemingly the same system as you describe does have some drone. Enough drone that it motivated me to experiment and design our own system with the goal of no drone and better sound. After a lot of trial and testing, we settled on the cross-flow design as the best sound and attributes we could find. We were after less drone and better sound and the cross-flow achieved that to a very high degree. The X-cellerator 2.5 cross-flow has less drone than either the 60mm or the 70-mm twin cannister systems and IMHO, sounds a lot better than either of the twin can designs. There is a major difference in the quality of the sound between the two style systems and the cross-flow is well worth the small additional expense. I would stongly suggest that you give our 2.5 X-cellerator a very close look, if you are at all concerned about drone.

All that said, the 70mm twin cannister model does sound pretty good and is similar in sound to many much more expensive systems on the market. The quality is excellent and it's a great value. The 60mm version that Scottslaw has is very low drone compared to most alternatives, but IMO still has some drone. Bottom line, IMO, the twin cans do not sound as good as our cross-flow, which emits a fantastic, exotic GT3 type note.

Also, the SpeedTech X-cellerator cross-flow systems are a modular design with bypass pipe options, several sound options and several tip options, which means you are not locked into one sound forever with our system. It is worth the difference in price. Additionally, it's 100% designed, tested and made in the USA by SpeedTech.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 04-16-2010 at 03:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maxspeed Motorsports Exhaust