996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installing an AMS Billet K16 kit this weekend on a 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Basic
Installed the new flash, thanks for the call Robin much appreciated. Car runs great and this is just a base tune. Only seeing 0.9 bar and the acceleration and drive-ability is excellent. Will do some Durametric logs tonight on the back road to sent to EPL. So far the clutch is holding fine, but once the full boost tune goes in it will probably be curtains for it...

Not seeing anything on the Aquamist gauge, I figure it probably wont try to inject anything until past the current boost level. Car feels allot stronger then mine though as is. I'm running a 1.1bar flash on the stock (i think) turbos, EVOMS intake, billet diverters and stock exhaust.
Just a heads up, that should be a 1.2-3 bar flash. It looks like your fail safe is triggering. Let us know if you need help sorting it out!

Old 09-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
Tony,

We installed the turbos from AMS as delivered. I am going to check them with a pump tonight to see if the wastegates are properly setup (assumed they would be from AMS)

Am I correct in thinking the water/meth injection won't be running until past 0.9 bar? I left the gauge dial settings as delivered as per the email.

Also the original tune we received did the same thing (0.8-0.9 bar).

Paul

Old 09-20-2010, 02:22 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
A. wastegates aren't adjusted right?
b. boost leak?
c. depending on how you set up the meth kit, it should come on eventually no matter what. EPL typically hooks it up to run off injector duty cycle, not boost or MAF.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
Just spent a few hours going through the wiring. No issues found all as per instructions. Unit has power and ground as it should on the correct wires/terminals. Checked power at the internal fuse, again all is fine. No power going out of the 'Gauge' wiring on pin 2 (per manual) no power on any of the pins. Made up a new cable to try that, still nothing, no lighting of the LED's on the circuit board. Seems like the control unit is NFG.

Fun.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:13 PM
soloracer951 is infamous around these parts
I'm the owner of the car that Paul is working on. It's so disappointing that the Aquamist is DOA. I was really looking forward to experiencing the high boost tune. I even bought a Durametric Pro to get things done properly. Just waiting for EPL to get back with a new unit so that we can give it some stick.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:35 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
You'll be fine soon and don't forget to give us your impretions.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:42 PM
soloracer951 is infamous around these parts
For sure. Since I have a Dynojet 248 in my garage and Paul converted the car to 2wd I can also provide some dyno sheets. Additionally with the Durametric I can give as much detail as anyone would want. All we need is a working HFS-3 and some tuning magic from EPL to make it happen.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:40 PM
big_jay is infamous around these parts
Thinks never go perfectly the firts time...
I cant wait to see how she runs!!
Good luck!!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
tony will get you squared away!

Old 09-24-2010, 08:25 AM
I finished putting the car back together last night without the aquamist controller. Just running 0.8-9 bar the car is incredible, i did a track day yesterday with mine and there is no comparison. Can not wait to see it at full power.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:44 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Basic
I finished putting the car back together last night without the aquamist controller. Just running 0.8-9 bar the car is incredible, i did a track day yesterday with mine and there is no comparison. Can not wait to see it at full power.
Without my Aquamist kit, I am down 80+ whp...good luck getting it up and running soon...

Old 09-24-2010, 08:46 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Without my Aquamist kit, I am down 80+ whp...good luck getting it up and running soon...
Basic you're gona be very happy then.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:34 AM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Good thread, keep us posted!

Old 09-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Crow eating time, found the issue.

After talks with EPL and Aquamist I again looked through the wiring. What I missed was the ECU wiring harness Red wire to +12v. When I was trouble shooting I checked for power and ground and then the ECU wiring from the instructions, everything lined up and seemed correct.

After describing the problem to Aquamist they asked about the ECU harness Red wire, since the unit was completely not turning on they said that must be the problem.

So the unit works fine, sorry Robin/Tony for the headache and we appreciate the support.

Got late and we finished the purge but didn't get the SC/WL/WH sorted so we could only fully test the fail safe system . Pretty cool setup and I sure wouldn't want to run water/meth system without all of the fail safes to keep the engine from an expensive fix.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Basic,happy to know you now know what it was the matter..... you're ready to enjoy your new mod.Congrats

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing an AMS Billet K16 kit this weekend on a 996TT