996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What are best TT everyday brake pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 02:24 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
best place to buy the redstuffs?

Old 05-16-2010, 03:04 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
autopartswarehouse.com

jb

(I got 3 sets of yellows from them and reds....

Old 05-16-2010, 06:14 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
I use the reds on my e55 and there good and have little dust. I'm not sure if its the pads or the calipers but the e55 does have a small issue of heat spots on the rotors. Not bad just something I noticed.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:54 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
Speaking of brakes I changed my pads out with the Redstuff today, however attached to the OEM pads were a thin plate with two notches that fit in the caliper pistons, does anyone know if I was suppose to reuse it? thanks!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:12 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Use you should have reused them. It helps them stay quiet with the metal backing plates.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:26 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Soundeffects
Use you should have reused them. It helps them stay quiet with the metal backing plates.
i see, do you know the type of glue I need to glue them to the new pads? thx

Old 05-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Kevganzon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by legendr34
i see, do you know the type of glue I need to glue them to the new pads? thx
Your gonna need the brake lube to apply to the metal pieces to keep your brakes quiet.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:15 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Dan I sent you a PM about Pagid Yellows

Old 05-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Mulholland996TT is on a distinguished road
Have the Mintex Redbox now. Dust is 30% of OEM Textar pads, but if you really drive or do canyons, I would say they are probably 70%-75% performance versus stock. Stoptech just came out with some "Street Performance" pads for the 996TT which are supposed to be pretty good. Seems like they are similar in formulation to the EBC Yellowstuffs. I will probably try those out next and see what happens.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Former Vendor
acuteperformance will become famous soon enough
Surprised there aren't more people recommending Hawk HPS (http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance/hps.php). These are SCCA's pad of choice. If you go to the track and talk to the folks who use a race/street pad this is what they run.

I carry them if you're interested in giving them a shot. I'll even give you a discount if you're willing to post an honest review. I had this same conversation with BMW 5 series and now they are all hooked.

Michael
Acute Performance

Old 05-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Do all these pads carry the indentation for the sensors?

What would be the best pad for gyro discs in street/track use?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:30 PM
carnut996 is on a distinguished road
I have Mintex Red on my car. It does have a notch for the sensors. I used Brake Quiet between the metal backing plates and the pads. No noise whatsoever. Less brake dust than factory. I am happy w/ them.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:52 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
Really good information concerning this post. I have plenty of stock pad left but would like to reduce the dust if possible without sacraficing the performance. Got great info. Thanks!

Old 05-22-2010, 12:14 AM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
I'm interested. I could post review for you. How much? If you could not post here, shoot me pm. please.
Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Surprised there aren't more people recommending Hawk HPS (http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance/hps.php). These are SCCA's pad of choice. If you go to the track and talk to the folks who use a race/street pad this is what they run.

I carry them if you're interested in giving them a shot. I'll even give you a discount if you're willing to post an honest review. I had this same conversation with BMW 5 series and now they are all hooked.

Michael
Acute Performance

Old 05-22-2010, 12:26 AM
myfootsmells is on a distinguished road
The Hawk HPS have great bite, low noise, and low dust.

Michael
Acute Performance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What are best TT everyday brake pads