996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996tt round headlight conversion idea

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 10:53 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
I like it original

Old 05-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ttpopo
What about fog lights?

I'm doing a 997 ish nose conversion and will use the 996 foglights housing/turn signal. Will show u guys in a cpl weeks...
interesting... you mean taking the headlight apart, relocating the fog unit elsewhere?

Old 05-30-2010, 12:36 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
like this...

will have the 997 turn signal flashers and 996 housing flashers alternate. (or delete the 996 housing and rewire w/LED bulb DRL)

AND....

flexible LEDs under the 996 light housing.

should look pretty "unique" but then the prior nose was anything but standard.

Last edited by ttpopo; 05-30-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
like this...

will have the 997 turn signal flashers and 996 housing flashers alternate. (or delete the 996 housing and rewire w/LED bulb DRL)

AND....

flexible LEDs under the 996 light housing.

should look pretty "unique" but then the prior nose was anything but standard.
cool thanks for sharing. never seen that bumper before, looks like a 997/9ff fusion pretty cool, what company makes that? please update when finished. nice center lock hubs.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:10 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
very good! yes its an early 9ff 977 aero nose.

I had the 996TT 9ff nose and when a busted lip was replaced and lasted 3 days it was a chance tp do something to "contemporize" the looks of the car - w/o doing the 997 face lift (its a 996 after all!)

Anyhow here was the BEFORE...

sweet CF lip from Ray@Rottec

Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^
Very nice, I can not wait to see the final project
R

Old 05-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Mad Ness,

These are the headlight covers I am working on. I fiberglassed the washer and fog light holes. I never use the fog lights and the headlight washers spray all over the place.

It's a slow work in progress for me as I have too many hobbies!

I also like the old / new style of the headlights. So, I'll see how these come out!

Old 05-31-2010, 02:43 PM
nice website locodemoto.

whats the script/template that it runs?

(or is it all custom?)

Old 06-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks!

I pm'd you the info.

nice website locodemoto.

whats the script/template that it runs?

(or is it all custom?)

Old 06-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Beecher is on a distinguished road
Painting 996 headlights

I went the easy way, that is, painting the headlights. I bought black vinyl from stickercity.com which was made for body wrapping. I wrapped the headlights and liked the look so I made a vinyl oval mask and painted the lights flat black. The vinyl peels right off and leaves a sharp edge. Easy and cheap!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Pictures

I forgot to attach the pictures!

Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2010, 05:48 PM
hmmm interesting. wonder how it would look painted. beecher, could you post a full front end shot please? thanks

Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 PM
maybe just pain the whole thing blue (er yellow!)

lols

it would prolly look pretty cool.

any good photochoppers?

Old 06-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Mowateriology will become famous soon enoughMowateriology will become famous soon enough
very cool idea, yet still i prefer the 996TT looks to the 997 so perhaps i don't quite follow the motivation?
would love to see full pics of Beecher's car as well!

Old 06-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Painted front end shot

Here it is!

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 996tt round headlight conversion idea