996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996tt round headlight conversion idea

Old 06-09-2010, 07:00 AM
JG GT500 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mad Ness
yellow car is a recent member post. it has the headlight covers.
Are those covers one-offs, or are they available for sale?

The only covers for sale appear to be the TechArt ones with the fog lamp cutout, which I don't like.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Beecher
Here it is!
looks alright. in any other than black the lines would show

Originally Posted by JG GT500
Are those covers one-offs, or are they available for sale?

The only covers for sale appear to be the TechArt ones with the fog lamp cutout, which I don't like.
ya unfortunately, i photoshopped that one. orig the techart ones. easy enough for a body shop to fill in though

Old 06-22-2010, 02:15 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
almost there....

Old 10-18-2010, 06:51 PM
tarzancoe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ttpopo
almost there....

What happened to this? Did you crash it the next day of having it finished? . Pics, updates, something...??

Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute

there's a couple of threads I started in the 996tt forum.

try a search with my name (started by...) - i dont have too many, mostly lurkin'

Old 10-18-2010, 07:13 PM
tarzancoe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ttpopo

there's a couple of threads I started in the 996tt forum.

try a search with my name (started by...) - i dont have too many, mostly lurkin'
Will do, nice thanks!

Old 10-19-2010, 02:04 PM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Neat Idea!!

Old 10-19-2010, 02:24 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
I did this back in the day when I had my Slate Grey 996 Turbo. I really liked the look. I feel that this is how the car should have come from the factory.
am i the only one that noticed this post? it looks incredible. this is by far the best solution. the only thing i'd worry about is not getting a perfect seal when you seal up the headlights again.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Daz - Porker is on a distinguished road
Name:  samson91.jpg
Views: 20514
Size:  145.7 KB

Anyone know what wheels these are pls ?

Old 10-19-2010, 03:43 PM
wow that's the sweetest looking TA kit Ive ever seen (and I usually HATE the TA kit!)

Old 10-19-2010, 04:34 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
I like how the yellow 996tt looks .

Old 10-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Daz - Porker- Those are Forgestar F14's see photo.

Here are the headlight covers I'm working on in case you guys missed it. Basically the TechArt ones with the holes filled.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:02 PM
int90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by split
am i the only one that noticed this post? it looks incredible. this is by far the best solution. the only thing i'd worry about is not getting a perfect seal when you seal up the headlights again.
I also prefer this.
evoviiiyou, were there any condensation/moisture issues afterward?

Old 10-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Daz - Porker is on a distinguished road
Thanks will check them out now

Old 12-19-2010, 04:06 PM
porsche510 is on a distinguished road
How much is to get front LED lights like on the newest models, and/or the LED underlights and where can this be done? thanks

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 996tt round headlight conversion idea