996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help: Installed the factory turbo wing back on and the wing won't go up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Help: Installed the factory turbo wing back on and the wing won't go up

not sure what's going on but the wing won't go up.
the light works, the brake light works, no fault code, no leaks.

do I have to reset something....(background removed the stock wing for a gt2 rep, took it off to install the stock wing again...)

any ideas, did I miss something, when I press the button for manual down you can hear it, when I push for up its not going up.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:26 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Does the electric motor run when you push the up button and it just doesn't move?

Old 06-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jjbravo
Does the electric motor run when you push the up button and it just doesn't move?
it does not, I didn't check the fuse yet but could that be it?

Old 06-05-2010, 08:47 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
It's odd that you're not getting function but it could be caused by (anyone more knowedgeable, chime in...):
-Gt2 wing harness. Did you change harnesses?
-Broken or damaged wing phenollic block. Mine broke.
-Micro switch problem on the rt. cylinder...
-Reprogrammed to GT2. If I recall reading, there is a way to disable wing ops through the Porsche programming tool by calling up GT2 wing specs. I can't verify this, but I remember reading about it...
Did you do the GT2 wing or was it already on when you got the car?

Old 06-05-2010, 08:50 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
If you had the spoiler message the only way to reset it is with Durametric or PIWIS. May be there was a fault register by the ECU and latch in. The spoiler system got only two relays located on the #2 relay support which is located beside the ECU. No fuse on that system. Correction the fuse holder D8 is used for spoiler on MY2001 and D7 on MY2002.

Last edited by jpflip; 06-06-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:53 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Agree with JJ Bravo it can be the small switch pack on the right hand actuator.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor
its got to be a simple fix the wing only had about 10k on it when I took it off.
(stock)

I bought a gt2 wing harness to get rid of the light. We put the stock harness back in with the stock wing.

I check the spoiler fuse that is fine.

okay so what is the micro switch and how do I locate it.

thanks in advance.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Former Vendor
oh yeah I can hear the motor moving when I push it on the down position inside the car.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:14 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I just had some trouble with mine and put some WD40 at the top of the ram under the wing and that freed up the movement. Cheap fix if it works. Good luck.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by landjet
I just had some trouble with mine and put some WD40 at the top of the ram under the wing and that freed up the movement. Cheap fix if it works. Good luck.
I will try that what was wrong with your wing?

Old 06-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Former Vendor
my wing has been sitting for over 1 year.