996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Curio - I try to like you, I really do. But your entire self-esteem seems to revolve around the online reputation of ///M cars!
Personally, if you like me or not is irrelevant. I do not really care. If having you like me involved me having to tell you what you want to hear I would rather you dislike me and I keep my pride and integrity, thanks.

Look, they are nice cars. Anyone that argues they aren't isn't an enthusiast. With S/C's they can be quick, and with turbo setups they can be quicker. Heck, there's even one that made into the top 14 of our fastest 60-130 times (Race MX-M3 - 5.62). But no one here cares. If we wanted Gintani or HPF M3s, we'd have them.
No one is asking you to want a Gintani or HPF M3, that is irrelevant. No one is trying to tell you to buy one or the other. As I recall, this site has sections for basically all cars, does it not? If you want a porsche cult and everyone simply blindly praising the badge, by all means, make it happen.

I'm not going to get into why I feel the P-cars are on a completely different level, because it will come across like I'm putting down M cars, which is not the case.

The main point here is that the HPF car lost a race that he agreed to run. Period.
Exactly, the HPF car lost that particular race and no one is surprised. So why not do another race and see the outcome? Why only do a single race that favors the 996tt and dismiss any other particular race that may show a different outcome? I mean, I thought this was about fun not winning or losing?

Old 07-01-2010, 12:23 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
What is there to whine about? We know all know what the faster car is with how the 996tt owner is dodging the M3 on the highway. If it truly was about drag racing do it on a strip where you can properly showcase your ability.
Of course racing at the strip or track is ideal, because it's a more controlled environment and optimized for those events. That said, the disadvantages of the street are mutually shared by both drivers and vehicles.

The M3 might be the faster car when competently piloted, but it's pretty clear that in this particular case the 996TT was the better car/driver combo. I know Prodigy and he does have quite a bit of street and track experience from a dig.

You mention that the M3 was SMG, which I would think would be a further advantage in a straight line drag race, vs. the 6MT in the 996TT... no chance of a missed shift in the M3. The only thing the M3 driver needs to do is modulate the throttle effectively to achieve max accelleration, without breaking loose and losing traction/adhesion. Since he apparently couldn't do that, it sounds like the M3 driver needs more experience learning the limits of his vehicle. You alleging that the M3 would kill the 996TT in a highway roll-on (and no one disagreeing with you) only confirms that IMHO, since the margin of error before losing traction at 60 MPH is much greater than from a dig.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:24 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
If this was reversed, and the M3 owner simply refused to go from a stop and only went from a roll you guys would be all over the M3 owner with criticism.
Umm NO WE WOULDN'T. We are adults here and we accept defeat when it happens. A RACE IS A RACE. Bring your "A" game, period. Your boy agreed to a race that exploited his "B" game. Get over it and go home now...

Old 07-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
damn bro, where you at in PHL?
Northeast...

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-01-2010, 12:28 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
This has got to be the dumbest debate I have ever read.

Here is the cliff notes version of this thread:
1. It is everyone elses fault that the BMW lost, not the driver's.
2. The 996tt should have raced a race that he would loose.
3. The 996tt driver seemed to know the outcome of a race from a roll, even though this cars setup is not very common and the 996tt driver has no experience against the BMW's setup.
4. The BMW driver graced everybody with his presence and "allowed" the 996tt driver to race him.
5. Who the f**k cares!!!

I am a big BMW fan, but seriously. CURIO, you are acting like a 6 month old with a diaper rash. What would a race from a roll do? The BMW wins and still nothing is proven. It is a wash then. Who cares!!! Do you want somebody to hug you and tell you everything will be alright and that BMW is still a cool car? Get over it. I want my click back.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:28 PM
jdarzi will become famous soon enough
They raced, he won, game over. Other variables don't really matter anymore. "**** talking" always happens. People always have excuses. They need to get over it.

Nice run. Your car is stupid fast. Do you have OEM K24's or /18g? (maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread).

Last edited by jdarzi; 07-01-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Personally, if you like me or not is irrelevant. I do not really care. If having you like me involved me having to tell you what you want to hear I would rather you dislike me and I keep my pride and integrity, thanks.
My point was that I have stuck up for you before, always trying to give you the benefit of the doubt (which is why you are still here by the way), but you're pretty much a lost cause. You bring it all on yourself.

If your attitude makes you proud, so be it.

Why only do a single race that favors the 996tt and dismiss any other particular race that may show a different outcome? I mean, I thought this was about fun not winning or losing?
If it's solely about fun, and not winning or losing then you wouldn't be throwing a tantrum right now. They had fun. The M3 lost. Since it's not about winning or losing, there's no need to debate it any longer.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-01-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
You sound like a broken record. I did not whine, I did not ask him to give me anything. ESS car made 500whp and I made just as much. He is one of my best friends, and will never run to internet with a dufflebag of excuses why he lost. Sorry I am not as big of an enthusiast as you trying to set a race with a car that makes 100 less hp and weighs more. You are so enthusiastic its just fantastic
No, you are the enthusiast who will only do the race that works for him and runs away when he knows he will lose.

He had a more powerful car. I was the underdog. I agreed to a dig where I can make up some of the difference, I had no idea I would beat it by a basketball court.
You are not the underdog in a race from a stop in rear weight biased manual 996 vs. a turbo SMG M3 on street tires that is extremely difficult to launch due to the lack of euro launch control. What don't you get?

Rolling start? You are just being ignorant now. I rolled back so your boy could keep up if anything. Too bad it didnt help him.
Yes, you cheated and rolled not that it matters. You simply refuse to run this car anywhere you don't have an advantage.

Lose or win I dont know. It was hard to tell since he was so far back This isn't middle school you won't get me to change mind by saying that i'm afraid, scurred, chicken etc. I am a man of my word. You can't seem to respect that.
I have very little respect for someone who brags about putting someone else at a disadvantage and refuses to show any sort of respect for his opponent. Then again, should we really expect any sort of honor or maturity out of a 20 year old kid who puts so much importance on street racing in front of his friends?

No I never noticed E92 is a compeltely different car, I also did not notice the centrifugal blower when I placed into the engine bay. I thought it was a roots one. I also didn't know an SMG was such a hassle, I always though it was a manual for people too lazy to shift all the time and needed help doing it faster. I always though SMG shifted faster then manual. He actually launched OK. You know how I know? cuz I stood behind him and watched
Oh, you suddenly realize the centrifugal is a completely different power curve and you have no problem running that car from a roll but won't run the turbo M3? So it seems you only pick and choose what helps your street racer image, cool man, that is so respectable. He hit the limiter on his launch and you ran off screaming victory. The US launch control on the SMG is a joke. You obviously have no experience with it.

I would be glad to perform a repeat at a dragstrip of his choice within driving distance. That way we can get a slip of my mediocare 12 second run and his phenomenal turbo unicorn 14 second performance
Oh, so now he has to go get drag radials, try to source the better launch control program, and meet you on a strip so you can still avoid the highway? Makes sense, fantastic point.

yes my car is weaker on the top end (which i btw can only see on his dyno) on the street his fat top end didnt help him much. my car is also a bolt on car vs his has a $19k turbo kit. my car is a basic bottom of the todem pole P-turbo where is his the big-king-dik of the M3s.
Oh, if we are going to start counting dollars we might as well take into account the purchase price of the 996tt vs. the M3. So, then the M3 even with its turbo kit still comes out with less $ per hp, right? How about that his car isn't turbo from the factory, did that not cross your mind? How much does turboing an M motor usually cost you think vs. modding a factory turbo car? Are you serious with this logic?

I swithced to RWD to dyno on a dynojet...genious.
And you are still running RWD, right?

Uh - that's exciting. How many passes did you make before your magic trans grenaded? I have over a hundred of slips from my previous car, I can guesstimate the readout on the street. BTW I stopped roll racing after I got rid of my FWD cars, I will run friends for fun. I will not run internet-e-gangstaz for bragging rights.
Cool dude, you have a million slips that all say you don't have the sack to meet an HPF M3 on the highway. Obviously those slips make you oh so confident.

You won't run e-gangstaz for bragging rights? But yet you were the one talking smack like an e-gangsta saying "say that to my face" and now going around bragging on the internet? Do you know the definition of the word hypocrite?

Old 07-01-2010, 12:35 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by prodigymb
Northeast...
come into the square sometime man. I live there. I havent seen a yellow tt going around, would be a cool addition to the scenery lol.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:36 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Umm NO WE WOULDN'T. We are adults here and we accept defeat when it happens. A RACE IS A RACE. Bring your "A" game, period. Your boy agreed to a race that exploited his "B" game. Get over it and go home now...

This response will suffice as my own.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ttboost
If a race is a race why does he keep ducking a certain race? All adults here? You know you are defending a 20 year old kid with a 996tt who thinks he is straight out of the fast and the furious?

Old 07-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
My point was that I have stuck up for you before, always trying to give you the benefit of the doubt (which is why you are still here by the way), but you're pretty much a lost cause. You bring it all on yourself.
I find it great that at times you may agree with me but I don't change my perspective based on who I'm talking to or in an attempt to please someone.

I find those defending someone who will try to handicap his opponent and refuse to give him a chance to run his race a lost cause. I respect a guy who will run even if he knows he will lose. I'll even buy the beers afterwards and we will talk cars like adults and discuss our cars various strengths and weaknesses.

It is impossible with this 996tt owner as I doubt he is even drinking age and secondly he would be running home to brag on the internet before I even got the chance to say, "let's see what happens from a roll."

Refresh my memory, why do we pay attention to 60-130 numbers again?

Last edited by CURI0; 07-01-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:41 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
a turbo SMG M3 on street tires that is extremely difficult to launch due to the lack of euro launch control. What don't you get?
Holy excuses Batman!

Yes, you cheated and rolled not that it matters. You simply refuse to run this car anywhere you don't have an advantage.
Now he cheated?!?!

Then again, should we really expect any sort of honor or maturity out of a 20 year old kid who puts so much importance on street racing in front of his friends?
Wasn't it your crew that set the race up.

Oh, so now he has to go get drag radials, try to source the better launch control program, and meet you on a strip so you can still avoid the highway? Makes sense, fantastic point.
You were the one that suggested the strip the first time around.

Oh, if we are going to start counting dollars we might as well take into account the purchase price of the 996tt vs. the M3. So, then the M3 even with its turbo kit still comes out with less $ per hp, right? How about that his car isn't turbo from the factory, did that not cross your mind? How much does turboing an M motor usually cost you think vs. modding a factory turbo car? Are you serious with this logic?
I would imagine your buddy has quite a bit more into his car than Prodigy ..... thats just a guess though.

Do you know the definition of the word hypocrite?
Do you know the definition of sore loser?

Old 07-01-2010, 12:42 PM
If a race is a race why does he keep ducking a certain race? All adults here? You know you are defending a 20 year old kid with a 996tt who thinks he is straight out of the fast and the furious?
It appears he is pretty fast. The only furious one here is you!

Old 07-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
It appears he is pretty fast. The only furious one here is you!
I almost spit Gatorade all over my keyboard!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...