996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Top Gear America

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:39 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
It has been several weeks and we can stop (at least I will) talking about this show. Thumbs Down.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:29 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cole
I actually think its getting worse.

Ita more like "jackass" goes drag racing than "Top Gear".
after last night's episode, I tend to agree. They need to get their act together or this show will be no more

Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Replace the ENTIRE cast. Period!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:31 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I love the UK version.

The US version is not even 5% of the the UK version. History Channel, please pull it asap.

JB

Old 01-03-2011, 08:42 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
love the original.....

Old 01-04-2011, 06:37 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
UK version is the best and cannot be replciated in how good it is. Clarkson, Hammond, and May have chemistry, it just works...and it's a great show...

Tanner is good on the show, he's a car guy and knows how to give a review of cars...the other two are bafoons and not really car people. The big guy is slightly more than Ferarra though. The jokes are corney, the chemistry is just not there, the subject matter is stupid...recall the bootleg moonshine episode, the clunker episode and the "saving GM" episode and the latest one the Used car Salesman episode...not entertaining, kinda useless...

focus on the cars...review more cars, do more comparos of cars in todays market etc...focus on the cars not the bs shenanigan challenges that are meaningless. IMO this how is a dissapointment

Old 01-04-2011, 07:26 PM
z06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond repute
watching it right now, show blows

Old 01-04-2011, 08:18 PM
vitarain is on a distinguished road
I agree with each of you that says the show sucks. I'd like to hear your opinion on which US people could be the hosts of this show? Tanner is fine. Would you want 2 other hosts that really technical car people? BTW. Watch the latest Top Gear UK Christmas special. It's pretty good.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Jay Leno would be good because he enjoys nice cars but is a polar opposite from the young energetic co-host. He also can improvise and make fun of situations and people

Im thinking of someone like the host of Overhauling for a third guy.. not Chip Foose, but the no name guy who pulls the pranks.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Fast997turbo is on a distinguished road
Horrible show. I am pretty upset about it. No, I am actually livid. I cannot even start to rant.

Top Gear UK FTW!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 11:49 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I think a good line up would be Tanner, Leno, and Courtney from Overhaulin and host of Powerblock (it would add a female to the mix and that could lead to more punchlines, interesting viewpoints, and add to the show's uniquness, plus she is hot!) Also I hope they pick some unique challenges and events, instead of ripping off the UK boys story lines....but make it good...the US version of cluckers sucked, the moonshine epidode was a unfunny disgrace, and the car salesmen episode was beyond words shi*ty...

As for the current US top gear...I fell asleep while I was watching the last episode (used car salesmen) on my DVR...I never thought I would ever fall asleep watching Top Gear...but alas the US version is just that crappy!

Old 01-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Originally Posted by vitarain
I agree with each of you that says the show sucks. I'd like to hear your opinion on which US people could be the hosts of this show? .

Honestly, it's only half about the cast. Here is what I would have done differently.

1. The first show should have acknowledged the UK version and been kicked off by the UK cast introducing the US cast.

2. There should be a US "VERSION" of the Stig, not the actual Stig. Give him an equally cool name but maybe a blue racing suit or red/white/blue.

3. Show needs to be primarily about cars, not stupid acts that happen to involve cars.

4. The coffee table on the US set should have been made from a Small or big block chevy. (have some individualism)

5. They need to respect the traffic laws like the UK version does. The UK version is always pretty carefull to keep the Hooligan stuff to the closed courses. Peception of speeding is way different than drifting nearly into the ditch on public roads with traffic.

6. Every episode should not include a drag race of old stupid cars no one is interested in.

7. Stop the BS!! Sorry, I just can't believe things like Tanner actually liking a Fiero and thinking GM needs to make another one. That whole segment was a sales pitch for GM's next wagon. Crap, crap crap.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Tanner Foust is the only thing keeping the show afloat. He's got the driving skill and the presence. The truth is I'll watch it either way. The Jersey Shore dude... I can do without. The third guy, maybe....

Old 01-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Just watched the last episode and I agree, it's bad. They need to go back to reviewing cars.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:33 PM
They can make the show great ... keep tanner, loose the other two bafoons replace them with leno, Paul Tracy or one of the other many qualified people out there...

AND...stop the BS story lines and challenges, the shenanigans and un-funny crap they have which is useless and pointless...nobody cares how an old *** car can carry bottles of moonshine or if a you can sell a spray painted lexus for a buck...

Go back to reviewing cars, doing real side by sinde comparos...let the cars be the stars!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top Gear America