996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ABS PSM Fault code 4460

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 06:56 AM
911rs is on a distinguished road
ABS PSM Fault code 4460

Hi all,
after changing the steel brakelines (few weeks after)
996 TT mod04 has ABS PSM light on.already checked:
brakelight switch / new
MAF new
MAF lines to ECU checked
Brake sistem purged convencionally (RR,RL,FL,FR)
ABS unit new /with PIWIS purged & programmed
But still get the same" Fault code 4460 "
has someone have this issue before?
Thnx in advance
911rs

Old 12-04-2010, 08:03 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
There is some easy troubleshooting you can do if you got a voltmeter.... The pressure sensor they are talking about is located on the PSM itself (plug with three wires, one black, one red and green, one black and brown)

Attached Images     

Last edited by jpflip; 12-04-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:12 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I believe I had this code. Fixed with replacing brake light switch on brake pedal. Its the switch that turns on the brake lights when you press down the pedal, I believe. It is a very inexpensive part.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:27 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Very good info MBailey. This item is the second one on the troubleshooting list....

Old 12-04-2010, 08:54 AM
thnx a lot guys for your info's. but I checked already step by step and there were ok. brake light switch also replaced. I wonder if the metalic brake line set could cause this problem or the pre load pump (just in your pic under the main brake cilinder)?
BR
911rs

Old 12-04-2010, 09:06 AM
996TTFred is on a distinguished road
Wheels and tires stock or aftermarket?

Old 12-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Just realized your bleeding sequence is not as per repair manuel. RR,LR,FR,FL...Finish with the nearest to the reservoir.... But I doubt it is part of your problem.... If you got access to Durametric V6 you are suppose to be able to start the booster pump. ( I was not able may be due to a slow laptop...) and once the pump is started you are suppose to bleed the front right....

Last edited by jpflip; 12-04-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by 996TTFred
Wheels and tires stock or aftermarket?
stock wheels and tires

Old 12-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by jpflip
Just realized your bleeding sequence is not as per repair manuel. RR,LR,FR,FL...Finish with the nearest to the reservoir.... But I doubt it is part of your problem.... If you got access to Durametric V6 you are suppose to be able to start the booster pump. ( I was not able may be due to a slow laptop...) and once the pump is started you are suppose to bleed the front right....
I did it via PIWIS I several times FR !
regards

Old 12-04-2010, 11:15 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
When you replaced the brake switch did you reset the pressure button to the proper level? It is adjustable. I kept getting light until I readjusted button level...

Old 12-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by 911rs
I did it via PIWIS I several times FR !
regards

911rs you are fully equip!!! Lucky guy You did a very deep troubleshooting. It is a very difficult one to troubleshoot. Keep us inform of your findings....

Old 12-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
When you replaced the brake switch did you reset the pressure button to the proper level? It is adjustable. I kept getting light until I readjusted button level...
yes it's adjusted.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:36 PM
911rs you are fully equip!!! Lucky guy You did a very deep troubleshooting. It is a very difficult one to troubleshoot. Keep us inform of your findings....
sure I'll let you know.
I'm still asking if somone had any problemm with replacing the original rubber brake hoses to the Steel Braided TROUTMAN W/ JACKET
Regards

Old 12-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
Can you take a moment and explain the pressure button, level, location and purpose. Thanks!

Old 12-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Can you take a moment and explain the pressure button, level, location and purpose. Thanks!
The switch has a plastic plunger type button that activates the brake lights. Before you install the switch on the brake pedal you need to set the appropriate level for the button. It adjusts by sliding to plunger into the housing or pulling it outward. I set it up kind of by trial and error. It finally worked and the ABS/PSM 4460 quit returning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ABS PSM Fault code 4460