996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

any1 have suggestions for wipers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:36 PM
RickyN F355 will become famous soon enoughRickyN F355 will become famous soon enough
any1 have suggestions for wipers?

i know it prob sounds funny but im driving my car thru the winter this year the the oem wipers are pretty flimsy for winter use...they barely clean the window..

Old 12-16-2010, 08:59 PM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
Bosch Icon

Old 12-17-2010, 12:05 AM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
I hear the rain-x are pretty good. They use some special silicone... Its worth checking out.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:31 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULUNM
Bosch Icon
+1 For Bosch Icon. Mine are almost 2 years old now and still working great.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:37 AM
RickyN F355 will become famous soon enoughRickyN F355 will become famous soon enough
thnx guys...gonna get a set of the bosch and PIAAs and see if there is a difference.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:49 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
ICON blades are great but a non-OE straight blade hits the cowl panel on the passenger side. The OE passenger side wiper is curved. PO of my car has them and if I ever drive it in the rain I'm going back to OE.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:51 AM
oh really? i went with the PIAA forza hybrid silicone....i didnt go with the ones that say flat. we'll see i guess

Old 12-17-2010, 07:59 AM
GatorTT will become famous soon enough
I just bought a set of the Rain-X Repel blades. They work great, but I don't like how they stick up where they connect to the arms.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:32 AM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
I'm running with the Bosch Icons through summer and winter months here in Colorado. I have no complaints. Better than anything else I've had. Will buy again when needed.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I've been using the Reflex blades on all my car (911TT also front and back) and have had no problems with them.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Bosch Icon.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:21 AM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Bosch Icon.
Those of you with the Bosch Icons, does the lack of the curve on the passenger side blade bother you at all?

It's a slight curve... I recommended the Icons before I noticed the curved blade. My blades are driving me nuts with their chatter across my windshield.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 AM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PAULUNM
Those of you with the Bosch Icons, does the lack of the curve on the passenger side blade bother you at all?

It's a slight curve... I recommended the Icons before I noticed the curved blade. My blades are driving me nuts with their chatter across my windshield.
I really like the Icons, the lack of curve on the pass side wasn't something that I ever really noticed, especially since I'm never in that seat.

I still say they're the best that I've used to date and will buy again probably a new set in the spring.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I use the Valeo blades and they have been great through the winter. My TT is a daily driver in a heavy snow area and no issues yet with these wipers. They are also really inexpensive from Tire Rack. I think they have a buy 1 get 1 free offer still going on - $19.95 for the pair.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Nikolas
I use the Valeo blades and they have been great through the winter. My TT is a daily driver in a heavy snow area and no issues yet with these wipers. They are also really inexpensive from Tire Rack. I think they have a buy 1 get 1 free offer still going on - $19.95 for the pair.
Thanks, just ordered a pair. Cheaper than Icons from Autozone!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any1 have suggestions for wipers?