996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

High cost of scheduled services

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 04:03 PM
996turbo will become famous soon enough
High cost of scheduled services

Both MB and Audi...not sure about BMW, provide free scheduled service while the car is under warranty. MB even changed the rotors and pads on my 2001 CLK430 for free. I was really impressed with the level of service that was included. Same with my buddies S4. I really like my P-cars but hate paying so much for those darn services($300 oil change for one). I think Porsche can really gain alot of new and return customers if they also included free service.

Old 07-15-2003, 04:19 PM
skate is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Free service makes customers happy!!!

i totally agree. i hope someone from Porsche is listening. i recently traded my 01 BMW 540i for a 03 C4S and this is the one issue that would make me seriously consider a BMW, Audi or MB. get with the program PORSCHE.

Old 07-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
I really like my P-cars but hate paying so much for those darn services($300 oil change for one).
Depends on where you live. An oil change on my Turbo, done at the dealer, runs $145.

Old 07-15-2003, 05:16 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
An Oil change and annual service at my Porsche dealer runs 180.00

Old 07-15-2003, 06:35 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, pretty hard to be upset about the routine maintenance on a car that pretty much only costs you an annual oil change :-) While it sure was nice having BMW pick up the tab on the maintenance, it wasn't thrilling to have to make so many in warranty non-maintenance visits too!

Old 07-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Joe West is on a distinguished road
Porsche knows very little about customer service.

After moving from Lexus to Porsche... I learned very quickly that more expensive DOES NOT mean better service.

I've had better service from my Chevrolet service department than I get from my dealership. In addition to having a bad experience the FIRST time I brought it in to have a few delivery flaws fixed... I find that (at my dealership at least), they don't even followup and see how your visit went... Hell... even Nissan calls after a service visit to make sure everything is fine.

There is however, a bright side to my Porsche experience... I let my service advisor have it with both barrels when I took the online survey. I spent quite a bit of time explaining the issue, and how it made me feel... unfortunately, I have no idea if they pay attention to these surveys.

This being said... I really like my sales guy and the parts guy at my dealership... both are great to work with.

For those of you discussing the high cost of oil changes... you should do it yourself no matter how much money you have nor how much time you don't have. Changing the oil is EXTREMELY simple and runs about $60 total including filter and all the oil.

Joe West