996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Valet, what should I do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 07:02 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WhippieDaddy
Use the family van.

Or, if they're willing and it won't cause them any difficulty with getting other cars moved, ask for the key back once they park it in front (be sure to wait there while they park it). That's a bit awkward though, since it makes it seem like they're not trustworthy. Imagine that...

No biggie though, since trust (or the lack thereof) is essentially the basis of this thread anyway...
Trust must be earned...take the minivan, or just park the car yourself on the street.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boochook
I go to a club in DC and a different one in Baltimore once in a while, usually have no problem parking up front. Sometimes, I'll tip the guy up front $20-40 dependent on whether he moved cars for me or just put me in a good spot. I take the keys with me when I parked it out front of the club, but then again, I know the owner's of both those clubs, so that helps. Honestly, Peace of Mind. TAKE A LIMO. She'll be more impressed with that then you probably taking her out in the Pcar.
Yeah, especially a slow P car. LOL

I kid I kid Berk!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Smoking Rotors is on a distinguished road
I ask the Valet to hop into the passenger seat and show me where he'd like it parked.

"Hey, I'm really sorry but it's the bosses car and he let me take the car under 2 conditions - I'm the only one who drives it, and I have to give a 20 spot to any valet to self park".

I've never had it not work.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:25 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Have you ever had that yucky feeling that someone put a dent on a car you like? Do you want to keep asking yourself... why did I bring that car and not listening to others?

Bring the S2000 or Tahoe.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:32 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Yup...and the fat old people (sorry if you are one) that lean back and kick their door open with their fat stubby legs and could give 2 sh*ts if their door bounces off the side of your car...
I ell oh elled!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
I ell oh elled!
Phew..I thought you were offended...

Old 01-04-2011, 07:41 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Phew..I thought you were offended...
Knew that was coming.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Knew that was coming.

Land mine......not even buried....right out in the open... You tee 'em up. I'm a gonna swing!!! Luv u

Old 01-04-2011, 08:02 PM
caly is on a distinguished road
was a valet at a young age the first testerosa I park u know what I did,if u get the hint

Old 01-04-2011, 08:14 PM
vitarain is on a distinguished road
As others suggested you should take a different car that the 911 Turbo. The kids will be looking to test your car. It doesn't even have to be valets. I bet the radio installers and even tint workers will test your car.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:45 AM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by boochook
I go to a club in DC and a different one in Baltimore once in a while, usually have no problem parking up front. Sometimes, I'll tip the guy up front $20-40 dependent on whether he moved cars for me or just put me in a good spot. I take the keys with me when I parked it out front of the club, but then again, I know the owner's of both those clubs, so that helps. Honestly, Peace of Mind. TAKE A LIMO. She'll be more impressed with that then you probably taking her out in the Pcar.
Ditto here. I tip 20 bucks and park myself in the front.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Fast997turbo is on a distinguished road
I used to be friends with a valet. He definitely would 'play' with the cars.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
a little OT I called the shop that services one of the cars I am looking at, the service manager proceeded to tell my what a fast car it was and how before he knew it he was going 150....

open mouth, insert foot.

I promptly told the seller the story

Old 01-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Fast997turbo
I used to be friends with a valet. He definitely would 'play' with the cars.
If you hand your exotic car keys to a kid...you get what you get.

Originally Posted by wpgfordguy
a little OT I called the shop that services one of the cars I am looking at, the service manager proceeded to tell my what a fast car it was and how before he knew it he was going 150....

open mouth, insert foot.

I promptly told the seller the story
This is why I work on my own cars...too many stories of mechanics/sales guys taking customer cars out and destroying them or killing someone...

Old 01-05-2011, 03:23 PM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
Man, I just could not resist this. Although, my car is not porcelain, I do take care of
it. I can say the only reason the bottom of my front bumper is scraped is because of
one valet at La Jolla Hilton Hotel.

It is not often I get a chance to take my wife out w/o the kids, so pulled out the
black beauty and down we went. The kid took the key from me before I could even tip
him, stalled the car and the car rolled down and hit the curb (scraped the bottom).

Now, what should I do? make a scene in front of the wife, I am about to ignore it and
my wife went ballistic on the guy, long story short. That was my last valet...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valet, what should I do?