996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

saw a db9 tonite..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 09:47 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
saw a db9 tonite..

one of the washington wizards had his new silver db9 out after the game last nite, and let me tell you, after seeing many Vanquishes in LA, the DB9 looks so fat! It looks so long and sleek in person, Im definitely going to have to go drive one. This is a serious head turner.....anyone driven one yet?

Old 03-15-2005, 09:52 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
timeless IMO

Old 03-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
IMO the DB9 and Vamquish are the sexiest looking cars being built today, except for maybe the Zonda.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:12 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
instant power delivery was impressive but the suspension sucks IMO.

car looks sexy no doubt, but one moron was asking me if that's the new Chrysler...

Old 03-15-2005, 11:20 PM
kunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura about
I just purchased one. I can tell you it is a great car to drive. It doesn't have the suspension that my 996 had (I had the x74 on my C2), but it has lots of power and the sound is amazing.

I got pulled over today and the cop said "you should enjoy that beautiful car on the freeway, you should take your Bentley coupe on the freeway." He also told a guy walking by that it was a Bentley and not an Aston.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I brought the car home on Wednesday.

It is far and away the best car I have ever owned. I shopped for over a year before I made my choice and used my S2000 as a guideline for what I wanted. It is important to note that the S had some suspension modifications that made the car handle considerably better than stock.

My criteria for selection was as follows:

1. The car had to retain the joy of driving that I get in the S2000. It needed to communicate well what it is doing and remain nimble.
2. It needed to ride better than the S, firm but smooth. The Ss ride is pretty harsh.
3. It needed to be faster than the S and have more pull at a lower RPM. I also wanted a car that was faster.
4. I wanted the car to be almost as good in tight turns. I had yet to drive anything that could beet the S in this department.
5. The car needed to be quieter while cruising.
6. It would also be nice to have something with a little luxury.
7. Last but not least, I wanted something that you don’t see every day on the street.

Following are a list of cars I had driven along with my thoughts on each.

· Porsche TT with X50 kit. Fastest car I have driven in acceleration. Almost as noisy as My S, 78 DB at 70 mph compared to 80 db for the S. It rides slightly better than the S and can take most turns as fast but can exit way fast. At constant 70 mph the drone from the engine is hard on your ears. After 20 miles on the freeway, my ears were feeling the effects.
· Porsche GT3. This car handles well but the ride is no better than my S. While this car is faster than the S it has to be driven hard to get the performance out of it. The torque at low rpm, bellow 3000 is not very good. It is every bit as loud as the S with maybe a little less drone than the TT.
· SL 500. This car is a real luxury ride but it doesn’t even come close to being what I would call a sports car. It is also the quietest of all the cars I had driven. It would probably be the best on long trips if you didn’t care about the driving. The weight in the nose keeps it from being nimble and it has very little feel or feedback to the driver. Kind of num.
· NSX. This car is very interesting. Quite fast in the turns and would keep up with most of the cars I have driven in the turns. Very quiet at cruse and is would be very comfortable on a long cruse. It doesn’t give as much pleasure while driving as the Porsche or the S. While this car is fairly fast, it has no more torque than the S and has to be wound up to get any performance out of it.
· Viper. Well what can I say? It is probably still the fastest car I have driven. Very fast, very maneuverable, very loud, very hard riding, very harsh, and very very rawwwww. Oh, and by the way, it has loads of torque. This would be a hoot for a day in the mountains but the wife would hate it on anything but a trip around the block.
· 03 Vanquish. Almost as fast as the fastest while providing true luxury. It is quite quiet on the road yet has the most amazing sound when pushed. This is far and away the best sounding car I have driven or heard. I think it sounds better than a Ferrari. The interior is quite luxurious and a long distant drive would be very enjoyable. While this was my favorite of everything I had driven at the time, I would have a hard time living with the transmission. It works well with the paddles but is horrible in traffic. The auto portion is ok on the freeway but wouldn’t be very good in town. As far as looks, I think it is the second best looking car I have ever seen. It is also the most expensive and I don’t feel the value is as good as the others.
· DB9.

This was my choice and after a few days and with 200+ miles I will state my opinions.

1. Driven easy this car is as nice as any car I have driven. It rides a little harder than the SL but is also just about as quiet. We took it to dinner the other night and had a very special evening. It’s like taking a super model out for the evening. (Don’t forget to dress up.) If I was going to ride I would prefer a RR but I can’t think of anything I would prefer driving. Put it in drive and the car just moves off with little attention. Kind of like a rheostat on an electric motor.
2. Pick up the pace and at about 3/10s you can start to feel the car. At this point you can start to guess that it is fairly capable when pushed.
3. At 5/10s the car is communicating very well with the driver and is probably the most fun way to dive this car. You can feel the weight change and the suspension working. The balance between the steering, throttle and brakes are better than any other car I have driven. At 5/10s it is faster than most cars on the road.
4. At 8/10s this car is down right scary. It is just about as fast as the Viper but with better feel and feedback. All while retaining the comfort of the SL. It sounds just about as good as the Vanquish when pushed but is just about as quiet as the SL at cruise. A real surprise is that it feels almost as nimble as the S2000. As the speed builds, and it dose this so so fast, the car stays balanced and smooth. It is as comforting at speed as sitting in any other luxury car while going easy as long as you keep your eyes shut. Open them and you get a rush like you were just shoved off a cliff. Death seams immanent.
5. Lastly, I personally think this is the best looking car on the road. Oh, and the attention. Don’t buy this car if you feel uncomfortable when people look at you.

In closing it is a multiple personality car and by far the best car I have ever owned. The final proof will be after a few years of owner ship.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:23 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Re: saw a db9 tonite..

My friends wife got one about 2 months ago and he had a vanquish, we decided the DB9 is cleaner looking and it will be timeless as are all Astons..IMHO I will take DB9 over Bent CGT any day!

Originally posted by maxwell
one of the washington wizards had his new silver db9 out after the game last nite, and let me tell you, after seeing many Vanquishes in LA, the DB9 looks so fat! It looks so long and sleek in person, Im definitely going to have to go drive one. This is a serious head turner.....anyone driven one yet?

Old 03-16-2005, 06:33 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I have pics if someone will tell me how to post?

Old 03-16-2005, 06:41 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
I am driving a DB9 this week. I'll post some feedback.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:13 PM
kunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura about
Here is a picture of mine. I love the car, it is quite different then a 996, but an amazing car nonetheless.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:35 PM
nman413 is on a distinguished road
Want to sell that S2000 for cheap?

I'm looking for a track car...

Old 03-16-2005, 10:39 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
wow that car looks so much bigger than the 996!

Old 03-17-2005, 06:27 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Deetz, I was about to say the same thing. It looks huge next to the tt.

Old 03-17-2005, 06:46 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Nice, you know the DB7 is also very nice looking. Any opinions on that car?

Old 03-17-2005, 07:17 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Very Nice Kunal, Any more pic's?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: saw a db9 tonite..