996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2002 Turbo Direct Buy Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 12:08 PM
911mike can only hope to improve
Dbw warning!

Follow-up to my posts. Should have listened to what I read on the internet. Porsche owners beware!
I recently had my water pump fail so I took the car to the dealer, Circle Porsche. They verified the water pump was bad and quoted 10 hours at $155 per hour, and $385 for the parts. DBW came back and said that you would only cover 4.9 hours @ $85 per hour and $240 for the parts. I had already rented a vehicle thinking that this would be handled. The rental cost me $40 per day for 3 days and still my car was not fixed! First of all, there is not a single shop in this area to repair a Porsche for $85 per hour. Minimum I could find is $110 per hour. Second the pump DBW found is an aftermarket pump made by Duralast (battery company!), not a factory pump. This is not a Ford pickup that you can just slap any water pump in and drive it for 5 years. The aftermarket pumps do not work on these cars as verified by several mechanics.
I had to move my vehicle from the dealer, was charged $155 for their time, to a private shop who charged me $937 for parts and labor. DBW stated they would only cover $664 of that amount. I now owe then $273 difference + $155 for dealer time, and $120 for rental car = $1212, or $548 out of pocket. I purchased this warranty in good faith that my car would be taken care of, which it is not. Sent a letter of dispute and they refused to cover any of my cost. I may pursue a refund for the balance and cancel the warranty.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
FYI, the local Porsche dealer here, not where I bought my Fidelity warranty, says that Fidelity is excellent and generally approves most claims. I haven't had the opportunity to use mine yet, so we shall see.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:54 PM
911mike can only hope to improve
Thumbs down Dbw warning!

I had Easy Care and the same thing, they covered everything including $8000 trans rebuild. I just paid the $100 deductable. Should have gone back to them for a few bucks more.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:26 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
I was told by the local Porsche dealer that the top of the line Easy Care and Fidelity are the only good policies