996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Seat Mounting for GT3 Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 06:54 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Seat Mounting for GT3 Seats

Opted for buying just one GT3 item from Gert, the child friendly option, now apart from mounting to the floor, on sliders, for tall people can I just get the seat 1" lower with Brey Krause brackets or is there anyway to get it further back as well ?

Old 04-01-2005, 07:07 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seat Mounting for GT3 Seats

Originally posted by RichardCH
Opted for buying just one GT3 item from Gert, the child friendly option, now apart from mounting to the floor, on sliders, for tall people can I just get the seat 1" lower with Brey Krause brackets or is there anyway to get it further back as well ?
I'm 6'7" have GT3 seats with the BK seat bracket that lowers the seat an additional inch. I also have a roll bar. No problems....albeit I don't have Lincoln style leg room. My install gallery link in my sig has some seat mounting instructions, fyi...

Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Rockitman's instructions are top notch as well!!! I used them yesterday to install my roll cage. Thanka again!!!

Old 04-01-2005, 12:25 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Thks Rockit Man - did you

also get the BKauto inboard seat belt mount as well - Part R9O7X ??

Old 04-02-2005, 05:10 AM
RCH
Banned
Where to buy Brey Krause ?

as they don't ship directly right ?

Old 04-02-2005, 05:30 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Ruf make a GT3 seat mount that both lowers the seat and puts it back. A friend of mine has it and loved it.

As for legs, a centre console delete kit will really help leg room if you don't already have it.

Old 04-02-2005, 05:43 AM
NeverFastEnough is on a distinguished road
The BK bracket that lowers the seats about an inch also moves the leat back 1-2 inches and lowers the back of the seat more, giving a more reclined seating position. There are seat belt mounts on the BK brackets.

Just be sure the seatbelt mounts are not blocked by powdercoat as mine were and I ended up stripping a couple bolts until I figured it out.

Rockitman's instructions are excellent. In my case I did not have to remove the front bumper on the seat, I just lifted the front of the seat more to get access to the torx screws and connectors.

I found them a vast improvement over the stock mounts. I am 6' 5" and there was no way the stock brackets would work.

Old 04-02-2005, 05:57 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy Brey Krause ?

as they don't ship directly right ?
Correct. OG racing is a big BK supplier and is where I got my BK stuff.

www.ogracing.com/

Old 04-02-2005, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Guy

As for legs, a centre console delete kit will really help leg room if you don't already have it.
Yes, you gain a sgnificant amount of clearence between the steering wheel and the right knee when you remove the upper center console...

Old 04-03-2005, 07:00 AM
RCH
Banned
Guy thats extremely helpful

Ruf is lower and 2" further backwards !!! you're the man

Old 04-03-2005, 07:11 AM
RCH
Banned
But

does that work with the Porsche seat sliders as opposed to bolting the seat directly into the floor Guy ? i.e does your friend have a fixed unadjustable seat or its on the manual sliders ?

Old 04-03-2005, 07:20 AM
Re: Guy thats extremely helpful

Ruf is lower and 2" further backwards !!! you're the man
Keep in mind that the two additional inches rear slide does not happen if you have a rollbar installed. My seat hits the rollbar before reaching maximum rear slide with the stock slider/bk bracket...fyi

Old 04-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
His seat is on manual normal sliders, just lower and back. His just touches the rollbar now on full back. He's 6'5" and 260lbs.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:02 AM
RCH
Banned
Ruf GT3 seat mounts - the price

of being tall is $300 a seat !

which of course I paid...

Last edited by RCH; 04-05-2005 at 01:08 PM.