996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tequipment Roll Bar without cross members

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 AM
b4stiTTS has a spectacular aura aboutb4stiTTS has a spectacular aura about
Tequipment Roll Bar without cross members

Hi guys,

I've got the chance to buy an Tequipment Roll Bar without cross members.
My only question is because I'm 6'3 tall and got the the original sport seats installed,
will it fit with the roll bar in and final backward position of the seats?
See attached for a picture of the roll bar:

Maybe you can help me with some infos, maybe somebody already have installed it?

Regards Bastian

Attached Images  
Old 08-16-2011, 07:39 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by b4stiTTS
Hi guys,

I've got the chance to buy an Tequipment Roll Bar without cross members.
My only question is because I'm 6'3 tall and got the the original sport seats installed,
will it fit with the roll bar in and final backward position of the seats?
See attached for a picture of the roll bar:

Maybe you can help me with some infos, maybe somebody already have installed it?

Regards Bastian
If you have this Tequipment roll bar in a 996tt (coupe) then the OEM sport seats will NOT be able to move to the full aft position. The seat will contact the roll bar at the base where the plastic triangular piece is located on the side (lower rear) part of the seat and also the seatback (near the shoulder flares of the sport seat will contact the roll bar. In other words, the seat will not fully recline. If you are 6'3 you may have issues.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:11 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
With that answered, let me ask another question about this sucker- would backseat access be impacted by this? Seems that without the cross bars that it would be minimal impact.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NOLA911
With that answered, let me ask another question about this sucker- would backseat access be impacted by this? Seems that without the cross bars that it would be minimal impact.
Backseat access is not really impacted by this bar. You will, however, not be able to fully fold down the rear seat backs if you still have those installed as the seatbacks impact the two rear bars when folded forward. They will only fold forward about 45%, so essentially useless. Also remember that if you have this, or any other bar installed in the car, your backseats will not longer be usable due to the fact that if someone was in the back in an accident the bar would potentially be deadly. The best thing to do is remove the back seats and seat belts to keep people from riding in the back once you have a bar installed. Hope that helps....

Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the replies, but no good news for me...
But I still thought that this problem will come.
For me it's very important to slide the seat in final position
and adjust the upper seat part a little bit backwards.
In my case I will remove the back seats and all the other stuff in the back completly.

So which roll bar will fit with original sport seats in final sliding position in a 996 coupe, any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 08-17-2011, 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by jobswygant01
i think the age domain helps, but its not a deal breaker.
Hmm, the pics don't workin.
Which bar do you mean?

Old 08-17-2011, 12:02 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnselli
If you have this Tequipment roll bar in a 996tt (coupe) then the OEM sport seats will NOT be able to move to the full aft position. The seat will contact the roll bar at the base where the plastic triangular piece is located on the side (lower rear) part of the seat and also the seatback (near the shoulder flares of the sport seat will contact the roll bar. In other words, the seat will not fully recline. If you are 6'3 you may have issues.

+1 I just installed one with stock seats, I'm only 6ft and it is tight, cannot stretch the legs at all

Old 08-17-2011, 12:41 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
I hope that you mean "access" for a bag of groceries, not people. It would be extremely unwise for passengers to sit in the back with a roll bar.

I also wonder whether the roll bar without cross braces adds much in the way of protection.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:44 PM
911stripper has a spectacular aura about911stripper has a spectacular aura about
i have a DAS Sport roll bar with GT3 seats. i didnt fit until i installed Brey Krause seat brackets. now i have tons of leg room. i am 6'2

Old 08-17-2011, 05:16 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
What's the point of a rollbar without a harness bar on which to attach harnesses for the track?

I don't get it, I don't see a harness bar on the rollbar on the pic??

Old 08-17-2011, 08:10 PM
MRE
MRE is on a distinguished road
I installed the BK seat mounts and the BK harness bar in my 996tt. I am 6-5 and was able to fit in the car very well. s I removed the backseats for safety reasons. I could still put stuff back there for storage, but it was a booger to get it out. Btw--I sold the car last week and all of the safety stuff i just mentioned will be posted in the classified section soon.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
You don't want anyone back there with a roll cage. It will split their head open in an accident.

The the OP I believe they make aftermarket roll cages that do allow full recline..