996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ksport coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 08:52 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I don't know if Manalex still posts in this section but he had a set of K-sport coilovers on a 996 race car, have taken a ride in it, I thought they felt pretty good for off the shelf. He's been running them for a few years now with no problems that I know of.

I'd rate them just below JIC (of course I have thousands of miles and hundreds of laps on two different sets of JIC)

And I'd rate the JIC just below the KW V3, because of the quality of materials used, serviceability and adjustability. However my custom valved JIC more than get the job done in the handling department.

This is of course a track rating, on the street, none of them are great (Moton is king for the street/track combo IMO).

Old 10-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
We like KW, going to be installing a set in the shop GT2 as soon we have time. The set of Variant 3 is already at the shop. If you guys have any questions, please let me know. We have been selling KW for over 10 years & are one of their largest accounts.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
bump for any news or current reviews... thinking about maybe getting some

Old 02-08-2012, 01:00 AM
boyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really nice
I am on it for few months now, as my friend is one of the dealer so I gonna have a try, so far it is stiff and quite ok to me, but maybe I have set the car in aggressive camber and adjust the coilover to quite hard way, they are not too comfort at all. Besides, on my frd's BMW, they perform well also and seems a lot comfort than mine...

Old 02-08-2012, 01:36 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boyg
I am on it for few months now, as my friend is one of the dealer so I gonna have a try, so far it is stiff and quite ok to me, but maybe I have set the car in aggressive camber and adjust the coilover to quite hard way, they are not too comfort at all. Besides, on my frd's BMW, they perform well also and seems a lot comfort than mine...
awesome. i was somewhat concerned that the spring rates seemed low @ 347 front, and 549 rear. how do they feel?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:47 PM
boyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really nice
Originally Posted by FlyingGuy
awesome. i was somewhat concerned that the spring rates seemed low @ 347 front, and 549 rear. how do they feel?
I am on stock hollow rims for going track, R888 or A050 on all corners, F 34, R 42lbs pressure, adjusted it to F24 R28 (36 is the most stiff) ran couple months now and feeling too much for the street. Have it adjusted last night to F18 R20 to see how it works...

Old 02-17-2012, 09:32 PM
qfix is on a distinguished road
So far no problems here. I've had mine since September, and I haven't had any issues. I wanted the car lowered with a bias to a softer ride (my wife didn't appreciate the stiffness of the OEM touring suspension). This car won't see any track time, but when I have occasion to take a corner faster, the Ksports don't seem to alter the handling. My set were even used (yes, I broke a cardinal rule, but $500 was to good to pass up). Hope this helps.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:21 AM
matthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by acuteperformance
If anyone is interested in a set let me know.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Would love a price.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Fasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant future
Any updates on Ksport coils i need a set for my 2002 turbo

Old 01-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor
acuteperformance will become famous soon enough
never heard of any issues from my customers.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
I helped a friend install a set. I thought the build quality was there. My only complaint was the amount of rear shock adjustability was not enough without messing with spring preload. They ride on par with my H&R coilovers. For an entry level coilover setup with solid upper camber plates they are nice IMHO. He can comment further.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM
03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future
I installed a set a few mos ago with the help of VAGscum and have enjoyed them immensely. They appear well made, although time will tell, and the ride is much better than the lowering springs I previously had. While Im much lower than stock and on 19's, I dont have to slow down for rr crossings or road imperfections anymore.

The kit was almost complete as the factory nuts are not the same pitch or thread as the supplied threads, so make sure to get some before starting the installation. I like that the ride is adjusted by the lower mounting point, not the spring load as with many other coilovers (see below for more on this*). The front camber plates are a little hard to get to as they sit below the mounting holes, however, with a ball type alen wrench, they are workable.

I would rate the whole package as an 8.75% out of 10 for the following reasons:

1)weak instructions. (Lacking info that a first timer may need)
2)wrong pitch/no nuts. (Really? its a Porsche kit right? just proves our parts must fit other cars as well)
3)design of the camber plates- although not needed for stock plus alignment, could be better designed..
4)camber plate mounting bolts a hair to long and pressing on trim peaces.
5)*Rear lower mounting cups should be longer/deeper -- They are about 5 inches deep and how you adjust height. I wanted the shock atleast 1.5 inches into the cups for structural reasons, however, I only got a little over an inch in order to get the correct ride height and started using spring preload to get higher. Now, Having driven on them for a while, I want to add more spring preload and keep the same ride height so I may get to the 1.5 inches I want. (again better instructions would help)

All in all, I read lots of good reviews about them in the BMW, Jap car, and even the Boxter forums, so since I no longer run Auto-x or HPDE events, I felt them good enough for road use and as long as they hold up, I would do it again.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Last edited by 03 996tt; 01-06-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Fire is just really niceFire is just really niceFire is just really niceFire is just really niceFire is just really nice
I've had them for about 5k miles now, Im very happy with them so far; I don't track my car but i have no doubt they could handle track duty. At the price point you really can't beat them, They cost less then a set of shocks alone and they are rebuildable/adjustable

Old 02-21-2016, 12:12 PM
N2SPEED is on a distinguished road
Digging up an old thread on K Sports

Any updates on how these are holding up. I am looking at an install on a 100% street, weekend 996tt. Primary purpose is to lower stock ride height.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:57 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by N2SPEED
Any updates on how these are holding up. I am looking at an install on a 100% street, weekend 996tt. Primary purpose is to lower stock ride height.
If you're looking for nontrack, lower ride and better handling for a bargain Ksport is the best option. Cheaper than B8+springs as you'll need new top hats. Ksport is all inclusive including pillow ball tops and new sway bars links.
It's easy to install. The only thing you have to be careful is how you setup the sway bar end links. If set up wrong, you'll rub front axle at full lock.
I've been through 2 winters in NE(exhaust components rust) and over 30k miles now. No rust, non of the adjustments components have seized(I've recently adjusted height), still feels like it did when installed). Hopefully it'll last many more miles/years

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ksport coilovers