996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ksport coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 12:14 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
ksport coilovers

has anyone used these. they are fully adjustable. ride hight, preload, camber, damping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390222862825&viewitem= &sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNAFP%3AUS%3A1123

Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2011, 08:48 AM
LO_996tt will become famous soon enough
There have been a several threads on this in the past here and on the 996 board. I would do a search on "ksport"

Good luck! I opted to go with the PSS9 based on the history of Bilstein... just to be safe.

Last edited by LO_996tt; 08-21-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:19 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i would stay away i have heard nothing but bad things.spend a little more and have peice of mind.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:12 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Ksport has had a rough start in the industry. Their early shocks had quality and design issues that cause early failures. They updated all of their designs to remidy these issues. One thing with these shocks that are a bit different is that the springs are preloaded and to adjust the ride height their is an adjustment specifically for this. You don't touch the spring perches. Incorrectly adjusted shocks could attribute to all sorts of issues with this design if someone tries to adjust them with the perches. possibly even blown shocks.

Nobody here has tried the new Ksport suspension setup and given a review except for one vendor. And that isn't really the review we need. We need a review from someone with 20k miles on theirs with track day to get a good taste of where these stand. I think it is still an unknown and un-proven product at this point. They will probably be fine for street use.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:38 AM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
good feedback. i should almost get a set and do a a write up just because. i like the adjustability of the units. i need new springs in the back because mine have sagged half an inch and i cant get my camber in. this is causing aditional tire wear. i would be using this car just for street use.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:44 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pat
good feedback. i should almost get a set and do a a write up just because. i like the adjustability of the units. i need new springs in the back because mine have sagged half an inch and i cant get my camber in. this is causing aditional tire wear. i would be using this car just for street use.
Their are pleny of stock suspensions out there you can buy for cheap if they don't work out. I look forward to reading your review.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:07 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
K-sport is proven on the track here in Arizona. They are local, so a lot of the local racers use them. I can't say enough about them given their price point.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:10 AM
K-sport is proven on the track here in Arizona. They are local, so a lot of the local racers use them. I can't say enough about them given their price point.
I have heard of them being used in track events, but never on the 911 platform. And nobody here has them that has had track use with them installed. Or at least they are keeping it a secret if they are.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhahlen
grab a set and do a review !

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 08-22-2011, 08:17 AM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VAGscum
I have heard of them being used in track events, but never on the 911 platform. And nobody here has them that has had track use with them installed. Or at least they are keeping it a secret if they are.
Let me get with my friend at K-Sport, I'll see if he'll be willing to give a sponsor price if someone wants to do a write-up on them.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:21 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
I installed what must have been the old stuff on a Boxster S about 3 years ago... I can't give a 20k review because they didn't make it that far. Some complain about the H&R coil overs being too harsh, rattling too much, spring pop etc... and these were at least twice as bad. They were swapped out for PSS9's rather quickly. I can't attest to the 'new' stuff but from experience I'd spend a little more on the PSS9's or 10's and avoid the same headache I went through. I've done Bilsteins and Motons since and couldn't be happier.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by iJeremy
I installed what must have been the old stuff on a Boxster S about 3 years ago... I can't give a 20k review because they didn't make it that far. Some complain about the H&R coil overs being too harsh, rattling too much, spring pop etc... and these were at least twice as bad. They were swapped out for PSS9's rather quickly. I can't attest to the 'new' stuff but from experience I'd spend a little more on the PSS9's or 10's and avoid the same headache I went through. I've done Bilsteins and Motons since and couldn't be happier.
Vast improvements over the last few years, k-sport had a bit of a rough patch, but they're worlds different from their previous stuff.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Banned
mmm635 will become famous soon enoughmmm635 will become famous soon enough
I have a set of the K-sport coilovers on my 2001 996TT and they probably have about 5K miles on them. They are much, much better than the H&R Springs they replaced that were used in conjunction with oem dampers. I have mine set pretty stiff since I have other mods done to the car, so this is coming from someone that steers toward a track setup. The ride quality is very good and the installation was a breeze.

The suspension has settled in and it has gotten better and better. I had a track event planned for the latter part of September, but the car hit a baby doe at 120 mph last week. So, the front radiators and bumper will have to be replaced and will not make the event. I figured I would get some track time on the suspension before I conveyed my feedback on the suspension.

For those of you that are badmouthing this suspension system without any firsthand experience, then it is a simple case of speaking out of ingnorance. Plain and simple. Was I skeptical? Yes. That is why I installed them and can give an unbiased review and not just heresay. Let us be honest here. Bilstein and Koni have many shock failures, as well as many other manufacturers - they are not perfect. Everybody laughed at Hyundai quite a few years ago...not anymore. Every manufacturer goes through growing pains when it comes to research and development, and what separates the good from the bad is whether or not refinement/further development is pursued. With K-sport, it seems to be the case that they are improving their products.

The fit and finish of the coilovers are no different than Bilstein and Koni I currently us or have used in the past.

I will be doing an event at Road Atlanta in November and will post up my thoughts after the car has been run like a scalded dog.

I will upload some installation pics this evening. In the meantime, here are some pics before installation if you want to see what they actually look like. The photo above is generic.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1111657...Coilovers996TT

Old 08-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by TSS
KW Suspensions makes a very nice coilover kit for the 996. It is a bit more money than KSport but better quality. Stainless body and lifetime warranty. The V1s are only adjustable for height range. They come pre set from the KW factory in Germany for dampening controls. The V3s have both damper and height range adjustments. Let me know if you have any questions about the KW kit.
The KWs are a good product. My buddy has them on his car and likes them.

What are your experiences with the Ksport suspension on the 996TT? Please tell me this isn't just a product plug?

Old 08-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor
acuteperformance will become famous soon enough
I have used them on my 996TT and am actually a dealer for KSport. My set is now sitting in my room since I sold the car. They had about 5000 miles on them if you're interested I'm letting them go for cheap since they are just sitting here gathering dust.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ksport coilovers