996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ksport coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:23 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Did you swap to the rubber bushings?

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Mike,

I noticed you no longer have any Ksport products available on your site? Are you still a dealer? Why are they not listed?

Old 09-11-2011, 09:35 PM
qfix is on a distinguished road
Yes it can. The installer took the dampening ****, determined the range ( # of half-turns) and set it at the half-way point. This yielded a slightly softer, but not bouncey, ride than the OEM touring suspension (granted it was seven years old so I'm not sure if much can be drawn from that comparison). Hope this helps.

Edit: A before and after. Not the best photos.

2nd Edit: So far so good. I'm going to have the front raised slightly this weekend. No ride issues other than it scrapes when I pull out onto the street from the house.

Last edited by qfix; 09-15-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:56 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Qfix how is it going.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 AM
qfix is on a distinguished road
So far no complaints. I had the coilovers set for a softer street ride and it's worked well. I was able to achieve stock alignment in the rear and just slightly more camber than stock in the front. The camber is just slightly out of range so there was not a concern about excessive tire wear. It definitely meets my needs for street use.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:30 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
I would be using for street only also. Sounds good. Thanks for the update. I will have to get a set.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:57 AM
pat
Update.. I ran into a used set of gt3 coil overs for 300.00 dollars so am putting them on now. I can't find the info for the bolt on the bottom of the damper for the front unit. Is the bolt and lock nut combination a dampening adjustment.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:52 AM
pat
picture of coilovers

Old 10-22-2011, 09:48 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pat
Update.. I ran into a used set of gt3 coil overs for 300.00 dollars so am putting them on now. I can't find the info for the bolt on the bottom of the damper for the front unit. Is the bolt and lock nut combination a dampening adjustment.
You may want to look into whether or not you can use those on the 996TT if you haven't already. You will need a shim adapter for the steering knuckle due to the smaller shock body used on the rwd cars. Also those upper shock mounts are most likely not going to fit because the 4wd cars have different strut mounts than the RWD cars. the angles are different. Not sure on the bolt pattern for the strut mounts. You may be able to use the stock 996TT one, but not sure if the shock shaft diameter is the same. The other concern I would have would be the swaybar link attachment points on the front shocks.

Last edited by VAGscum; 10-22-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pat
picture of coilovers

Those look like ones on ebay that needed revalving...

Old 10-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor
acuteperformance will become famous soon enough
If anyone is interested in a set let me know.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Old 10-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Can you pm me a price for a 996tt?

Old 10-22-2011, 04:20 PM
jdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond repute

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
I'd like a pm with price also! Do you still have the used set?

Jon

Old 10-22-2011, 06:51 PM
DHealy is on a distinguished road
PM for 2001 996TT. Also interested in the used ones.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:01 PM
pat
Vntpreformance... Yes those are the ones. They seem ok. I am in the middle of putting the fronts on. They are missing the sway bar links for the rear and I need to ge a pair of those. For 300 bucks these will give me something to play with. I may still get a set of the ksports. In another thread there was info that these could be revalved for very reasonable at bilstine.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:17 PM
pat
The part numbers are 99633305191BJ0. Rear and
2399VE360706T0 front

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ksport coilovers