996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

crooked side window?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:18 PM
flavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond repute
crooked side window?

I left work early today (only 6:15!) and decided to cruise home with the windows down. Upon returning home, the passenger window would not go up more than 30%, and it seemed to stop due to mechanical interference. After looking a little closer, the entire piece of glass looks crooked in the door, it's probably tilted 10 deg towards the rear of the car.

Is this another regulator problem, or do I have a more serious issue on my hands?

Thanks in advance guys.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:27 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Prob regulator or it may have slipped out of the clamp. I just did my regulator - made crunching noise...

Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 AM
flavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raineycd
Prob regulator or it may have slipped out of the clamp. I just did my regulator - made crunching noise...
The front end of the window did slip out of the clamp. My indy fixed it in an hour, realigned the window, no big deal. Just wanted to put up the conclusion for future victims...

Old 09-16-2011, 02:32 PM
bng4god has a spectacular aura aboutbng4god has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by flavorPacket
The front end of the window did slip out of the clamp. My indy fixed it in an hour, realigned the window, no big deal. Just wanted to put up the conclusion for future victims...
Just curious, who is your indie? Is he in the South Bay?

Old 09-16-2011, 02:48 PM
DutchTreat in Lawndale, ask for Robert, 310-793-2300. Mostly an air-cooled shop, but they're honest.