996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ACR + Nurburgring = 7:12 / Game Over

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 AM
JG GT500 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rdss
Thanks for explaning that to me.Which Viper version did the record on the Ring,the one like yours ACR street or the ACR-X ??

Would you guys take the fastest recorded race lap in the current millenium that belongs to a 996tt driven by Uwe Alzen of 7:04 as a moddified street car ??
Read the article in post 1. http://jalopnik.com/5840489/dodge-vi...nd-some-change

ACR posted 7:12 and change.

The following is a quote from the last sentence of the article:

"Oh, and also, the SRT folks brought along a Dodge Viper ACR-X, which tore up the track with a stunning 7:03..and change. Those coy bastards."

Old 09-26-2011, 09:46 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JG GT500
Read the article in post 1. http://jalopnik.com/5840489/dodge-vi...nd-some-change

ACR posted 7:12 and change.

The following is a quote from the last sentence of the article:

"Oh, and also, the SRT folks brought along a Dodge Viper ACR-X, which tore up the track with a stunning 7:03..and change. Those coy bastards."
Impresive what the Viper ACR-X did 7:03,it's a record¡¡

What i'm saying is different because you're not getting a car ready for a few laps to get your best time.The 996tt was in a race,Road&Track magazine febraury 2009, and got the 7:04 recorded "race lap" .

I'm NOT saying that the Viper ARC-X can not make a better time racing,i'm positive the ARC-X can beat that time "racing" when ever get to race at the Ring.It's a more powerfull car then the 996tt .

Old 09-26-2011, 12:52 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mcar00
I'm pretty sure the ACR has the same spec motor and gearbox as a base Viper. It's the ACR-X that got the 40 HP increase in power.
Oh, I thought the most recent acr got a hp bump too.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:14 AM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Old 09-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Liquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really nice
Originally Posted by MTGTS
Nice! I recall in the 2008 Nurburgring video where they did a time of 7.22 the driver of the 08 acr was bouncing the engine off the rev limiter quite a bit and in this video the driver wasn't doing that, did the 2010 acr recieve different gear ratios.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 AM
mcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Liquidcooled
Nice! I recall in the 2008 Nurburgring video where they did a time of 7.22 the driver of the 08 acr was bouncing the engine off the rev limiter quite a bit and in this video the driver wasn't doing that, did the 2010 acr recieve different gear ratios.
I think in 2010 all Vipers got a fifth gear ratio of .80. This is up from around .74 in prior years.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MTGTS

Very nice vid and impresive round did that ACR-X.I liked much the ****pit.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:43 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Oh, I thought the most recent acr got a hp bump too.
Because this is being discussed on other forums as well, I've learned that Dodge sells a Mopar ECU controller that, when combined with the dealer sold headers and exhaust, can increase HP to about 640 (to ACR-X levels).

I also heard a rumor that these cars (the 'Ring Vipers) did not have this done.

I absolutely 0% confirmation on any of this - just offering some information.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:46 AM
RMDZidane is on a distinguished road
I prefer the Radical. It seemed much more impressive and composed carrying the speed that it did It's also about 20 seconds faster around the 'Ring'?

Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RMDZidane
I prefer the Radical. It seemed much more impressive and composed carrying the speed that it did It's also about 20 seconds faster around the 'Ring'?

It's also a kit car that weighs nothing. The radical is a race car, not one person is buying that to drive it on the street (if they are sane). Plus there is little to no competition in that segment.

For a track toy, the Radical would be fun, but for a car that you can REALLY drive on the street, the Viper is more impressive.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:03 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
It's also a kit car that weighs nothing. The radical is a race car, not one person is buying that to drive it on the street (if they are sane). Plus there is little to no competition in that segment.

For a track toy, the Radical would be fun, but for a car that you can REALLY drive on the street, the Viper is more impressive.
I agree but if you use modified cars times, than arguably the Radical SR8 ran faster ( 6:55) in a car that is street legal in Europe in stock form. I agree though for a real production car, which the ACR emphatically is its amazingly quick especially considering its abbreviated top speed. I think a Z06 with the mods you stated would also run very similar if not a little bit quicker.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu

All this and zero emissions.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 AM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I agree but if you use modified cars times, than arguably the Radical SR8 ran faster ( 6:55) in a car that is street legal in Europe in stock form.
The Radical is not street legal in the US or Germany

Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 AM
sweeney186 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Because this is being discussed on other forums as well, I've learned that Dodge sells a Mopar ECU controller that, when combined with the dealer sold headers and exhaust, can increase HP to about 640 (to ACR-X levels).

I also heard a rumor that these cars (the 'Ring Vipers) did not have this done.

I absolutely 0% confirmation on any of this - just offering some information.

Yes headers & ecu will get an additional 40 hp on those cars & the Ring vipers were not equipped w/ those 2 items

Old 09-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I agree but if you use modified cars times, than arguably the Radical SR8 ran faster ( 6:55) in a car that is street legal in Europe in stock form. I agree though for a real production car, which the ACR emphatically is its amazingly quick especially considering its abbreviated top speed. I think a Z06 with the mods you stated would also run very similar if not a little bit quicker.
Street legal and streetable are two different things. The Radical is not streetable for the large majority of the planet. And has far fewer safety regulations to go by.

Make the Radical pass crash testing after it's laden with hundreds of lbs of safety equipment and required safety systems. Make it able to fit two full sized adults in it and have cargo space. Make it have windshields (make of glass) and full covering. Then let it beat the Viper, at that point it's accomplished something.

Anyone can build a 1 seater with engine, cage and wheels to run faster than street cars. Hell you can buy a (50 hp) go-cart that will rape any street car at an auto-cross. That to me is no accomplishment. When you have the best racing names in the World competing against you (Porsche, GM, McLaren Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Nissan, Lambo, Audi etc.) and you come out on top, then you have proven something.

Radical has proven nothing we didn't already know. A kit car is faster than a car built for the street and adapted for the track.

The Radical is a non-factor in comparisons to true street cars. Should not even be brought up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ACR + Nurburgring = 7:12 / Game Over