996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 1/4 Mile, 60-130, 100-150 and Standing Mile thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:18 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Smile

Originally Posted by ttboost
I hope Audi doesn't get mad that I improved my RS6 by putting a manual transmission in it... They really should have done that from day 1.
You are ok ttboost,The fight is between Porsches and Lambos

Old 05-13-2013, 09:52 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
We just took our shop ALPHA 9 powered 6 speed out to do some 60-130 testing on race gas. The results were quite impressive. 5.32 Seconds! More info on the package can be seen here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l-release.html It's important to note this is in AWD form and full weight, it even has a roll bar installed.

Last edited by AMS; 05-13-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:50 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Guys,
Mullett has again joined the 100-150 scrum and moved up from 2.67s to 2.59! He moves in just ahead of Dallas performance and just behind UGR...

Congrats Jason!!!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBailey
Guys,
Mullett has again joined the 100-150 scrum and moved up from 2.67s to 2.59! He moves in just ahead of Dallas performance and just behind UGR...

Congrats Jason!!!
Congrats! Go Mullet..

Old 05-14-2013, 12:46 PM
besiktas will become famous soon enoughbesiktas will become famous soon enough
I would like to see a graph of that actually

Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Malu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to behold
Congrats Mullet on your time!

Originally Posted by houstonT
Malu, I've never needed it before and don't plan on needing it in the future, especially not as a result of anything you'll have. It's time for you to step up and actually build something faster than the car you currently have, which I think would get spanked by my daily driver... Quit taking cars so seriously and sit on the porch while the big dogs play.
Originally Posted by houstonT
There are events all over TX and UGR attends almost every single one. UGR holds all the Lamborghini records, whp, 1/4 et, 1/4 mph, 100-150, 60-130, TX Mile, 1/2 Mile, TI KOTS, TX2K King Shi_, and the list goes on. Build your car and come join us!!!!!!!

Peter
LOL at big dogs. Since you are wanting to get personal, concerning something that is an objective observation about the performance of two UGR cars (Mullet's 08 SL and the 04 Stage 1R), Bob Helms and Ray Hoffman are big dogs. Me, I'm just a small fish, and I'm perfectly okay with that, and I have never said anything contrary to that. Does your method of attempting to intimidate people that speak up when something doesn't look right, actually work for you?

I'm well aware of UGR's records, and yet, pointing out stuff that doesn't add up is seen as bad? At the Houston Half-Mile event in Ellington this past weekend, Mullet still didn't go faster than Kevin did on Invo's. This is not a dig at Mullet, I just don't understand why it doesn't add up. I've been in Mullet's car, it's fast as F**K (hell, it went 1mph less in the Houston half-mile, than Ray's 8 sec Gallardo 208mph vs. Ray's car's 209mph). It's a much lighter car than the 04 Gallardo, it can put down more power, and put it down earlier because of the 18" R888's, and you don't have to baby the shifts to do that, not to mention boost wouldn't fall off as much with the e-gear and the quickshift for the SL's, right? This was Kevin's post regarding tires:
Originally Posted by Underground Racing
This 2.5 second 100-150 was on Nitto Invos, which don't come close to the traction that the R888s offer. This run also was not made with the full 1550 (traction limited). Also, as you will see on the graph, I did a slow 3-4 shift to keep the tires from spinning.

Also, where are the vBox files/screenshots that show the longitudinal acceleration of either of Mullet's passes? Maybe that would shed some light on what's going on shift time/tire spin wise?

If you feel like you need to take another personal shot at me Peter, that speaks of your character. If you want to make me believe something is true, then give me facts to support that. If you choose to blindly believe something because there is only a vBox file posted as proof, then so be it. You should have no problem accepting that a 2005 Gallardo on 20" Continentals with only a RSC titanium exhaust ran a 3.37 second 100-150 time then, right? I had MBailey verify this file, and he confirmed it was a board legal pass.

Don't worry, I'm not expecting anything other than witty comments, side stepping, and some good smileys in response to my post. Enjoy all the *records

Attached Images   
Old 05-14-2013, 03:37 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
It HAS to be a conspiracy. There's no way that wind speed/direction, frictional tire resistance, humidity, surface temperature, air temperature, slight variances in gas, differences in elevation, slight variances in driveline resistance/timing (E-gear vs. 6 speed), tuning, driver,etc. could have caused what is essentially a gap of a tenth of a second between Kevin's run, the DP run, and both of Mullet's runs. When you are talking hundredths of a second, I would be considering the fact that it is three different Vboxes being used and the calibration alone could cause a difference of a couple hundredths. The conspiracy theory makes way more sense though...

Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by layinback
Porsche only has a few wins in racing:

I could go on and on but I think you get the point.

Outside of the Texas Mile, ( and I know it is a brutal 40 seconds of straight

line acceleration and all ) Can you tell me about Lamborghini racing

heritage? They seem to go really fast for up too a minute or so, but

how do they matchup with Porsche where it counts? Endurance, race track

rally.....

I'm just not that versed in these cars.
Conversely, the domestics kick Porsche's butt in drag racing, for decades.

Everyone recognizes Porsches accomplishments and merit, but this is roll and 1/2-1 mile racing and Lambo seems to be dominating. Heritage or pedigree doesn't matter, they are holding current records.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AudiBull
It HAS to be a conspiracy. There's no way that wind speed/direction, frictional tire resistance, humidity, surface temperature, air temperature, slight variances in gas, differences in elevation, slight variances in driveline resistance/timing (E-gear vs. 6 speed), tuning, driver,etc. could have caused what is essentially a gap of a tenth of a second between Kevin's run, the DP run, and both of Mullet's runs. When you are talking hundredths of a second, I would be considering the fact that it is three different Vboxes being used and the calibration alone could cause a difference of a couple hundredths. The conspiracy theory makes way more sense though...

These DP guys sure are butt hurt..

I think I can out 60-130 them on Invos with them running on R888's. I think our John Reed TC setup is that good.

Vbox nationals?

Last edited by Underground Racing; 05-14-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:57 PM
v10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to all
Honestly at the end of the day who cares about 100-150.Are we gonna have an event where we doo roll races from 100- 150 now ? DP created this new bracket UGR went out and beat their time whats the big deal it was gonna happen sooner or later . There are other heavier cars that could match or beat even that time . I'd bet on it : )
Bill

Old 05-14-2013, 06:55 PM
EBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to behold
WOW 2.59 my dream is to be as fast as a UGR LAMBORGHINI one day lol

Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EBELLO
Eddie, you truly are "Living the dream" then! Time to launch that thing. 8's...8's...8's...8's...

Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EBELLO
Haha, that's bragging rights right there.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:04 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
I have been able to cause some weird times if I do certain things in the vbox software. It will move some of the graphs to the left or right and be out of scale so that explains the strange time from the bolt on exhaust time. Lol.

Congrats Mullet, moving on up on the 100-150 scale. Which by the way is a good indicator of high HP but is a silly race for street cars. I like the 60-130mph personally.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:11 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Conversely, the domestics kick Porsche's butt in drag racing, for decades.

Everyone recognizes Porsches accomplishments and merit, but this is roll and 1/2-1 mile racing and Lambo seems to be dominating. Heritage or pedigree doesn't matter, they are holding current records.
You are correct sir.

Porsche isn't a drag racer or otherwise, straight line champ.

If forced, the Porsche 911 turbo can do most anything well, but

you just can't be the best at everything.

but heritage and pedigree always matter and I was consoling myself

and fellow 6 speeders with the fact that Lamborghini has neither.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 1/4 Mile, 60-130, 100-150 and Standing Mile thread